Step by step

A couple hours later a knock was heard from the door. A look of terror crossed Ana's face as she clutched onto Colby for dear life. Sam rushed to open the door (making sure to check the camera first). Amanda came rushing to Ana's side and enveloped her into a tight hug. She began rocking them back and forth in the way a mother would their child. She kept whispering reassuring words to the younger girl as she continued to comfort her.

"We are going to get through this step by step," Amanda stated "you've survived worse,".

At that comment Colby's eyes met with Amanda. He felt like he was drowning in an ocean of remorse and guilt. She had been through so much. Someone as perfect as her should never have to go through such trauma. In his eyes she was the sun and he would gladly spend the rest of his existence revolving around her.

When he went to leave the room to give them some space and get her something to eat she grasped onto his arm.

"Please stay," he nodded and sat back down before Ana made herself comfortable.

"I know you don't want to but I think it's time you talk about what happened," Amanda said. "If you tell us know it will be easier when the police come to interview you later,"

Ana looked over to Colby as her eyes began to pool with tears. Her mind had started to taunt her again. No matter how much she tried to push away the thoughts-she never could. Colby deserves so much more than her. Colby didn't want someone who was broken.

"Stop overthinking love" he seemed to have read her mind. "I will never judge you,".

He held out his pinky in front of her. She laughed lightly before gently hooking her pinky with his own. She began to explain as much as she could (admittedly skimming over certain parts) about that night, her past with Kyle and the real reason she had moved to vegas.

He had tried to kill her.

Colby desperately tried to push down his anger. Anger was the last thing she needed to see from him today. He decided to just hug her closer as if protecting her from the world.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

After some time, she had said everything she needed to. They went to the kitchen for a snack and some water. Ana had to pull herself together if she wanted to get through this fast-approaching interview. Colby was currently following her like a lost puppy. Wherever she went everyone could guarantee he was 2 steps behind her. He couldn't bear the thought of half of the shit she had been through - and he hadn't even heard all of it. Ana had skimmed over how her family was the reason she moved from England and just how cruel her mother had been to her. She continued to downplay everything saying 'others have it worse'.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Unfortunately the police arrived earlier than expected. As Sam brought them into the living room, Amanda and Brendan left with him to go to Sam's office. The interview was stressful and filled with many tears. They had both explained to Ana that she didn't have to go to court but they needed as much information as possible to make sure he gets the time he deserves.

Ana added as much detail as possible no matter how painful it was. She wasn't going to let him hurt anyone else like she had been. If this moment of suffering would save countless other women she would deal with it. 

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for 2k reads!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter and make sure to comment, vote and follow for updates. 

Have a blessed day/night <3