Struggle to Lie

Author: I am Bismarck Zwei-less.

P.S

I royally screwed myself not realizing I've been uploading Chapter 2 and 3 into the wrong story.

______________________________________________________

A heavy atmosphere surrounds the small group of METAs who have been inactive lately. Repulse META and Renown META share a nervous stare while Hunter META rolls her eyes while flipping a bullet up and down. All three META ships know very well the two META's sitting across each other are tightening the awkwardness.

"You showed up at the very end and didn't even do anything" Ark Royal META crosses her arms
"......." Bismarck META lifts her head
"Other than shooting King George V back then"
"......." Bismarck META remains silent
"Say something. You're making things more awkward than it should....."
"I feel like I would have escalated the situation if I interfered. My sister is an incomplete META, remember?"
"You already escalated it the moment you helped Victorious revive her. Unfortunately, that only ended with a walking corpse powered by the black wisdom cube" Ark Royal META bitterly reminds her
"I've caused much suffering out of the belief I could save her. From the beginning, I knew toying with the life of another has consequences, but Victorious couldn't accept Tirpitz's choice to die"
"There are countless movies showing why you shouldn't bring people back from the dead"
"The situation is resolved now. There are no more reanimated kansens here"
"Yet you're still here"
"The reason is obvious. No one can know that their Tirpitz is but a shell occupied by someone else"

Still listening to the conversation, Hunter META frowns at Bismarck META as the latter is seemingly unfazed or uncaring.

"I don't think this can be a secret forever. Someone might keep an eye on her or make her slip up" Renown META comments
"Even if you want to protect her secret, you can't get near her because of the Bismarck in this timeline" Repulse META reminds
"It's for the best. My sister has yet to fully forgive me because of my involvement"

Bismarck META closed her eyes, regularly reminding herself when she's forced to fight her rampaging sister.

"The best I can do is to protect her from the shadows. At least, I have to ensure she doesn't overdo herself because she still has a tendency to get carried away" Bismarck META stands up
"Their personalities are different. Even if it's not Victorious, someone will take notice" Ark Royal META scoffs
"Tirpitz is aware of that. She wanted a peaceful life, so she would do anything to keep it that way"
"Peace, huh. Can someone who couldn't die peacefully learn how to live in peace?"
"This is a start for her....." Bismarck META trusts her sister

Even when Ark Royal META is skeptical of what will happen, Bismarck META doesn't pause to doubt and even responds with a faint smile on her lips.

(That's right. I couldn't let her repeat the mistake.....)

Bismarck META's thoughts drift away for a few seconds, but inside her mind, time seems to stretch indefinitely when reflecting on her "past". The same past she couldn't save and forced to leave behind.

.......

There, in front of her, is her sister digging her fingers into the ground and clawing the concrete like sand. Tirpitz META who lost her life in battle breathes and moves once again. Rather than the relief of a new life, Bismarck is rendered speechless to hear her screams and fries of disbelief and horror.

"I.....why......ngh....!"

Tirpitz META stares at her shaking hands, certain that she's indeed conscious again and that it's still her.

(Why is she horrified?)

Rather than gratitude for being revived, Tirpitz META's chaotic mental state causes ice to spread around her. The gentle expression Tirpitz META always has completely vanishes upon her revival. Now, her younger sister's gaze towards her is one full of resentment and frustration.