Weighing a Choice

Note: I'll find a chapter to insert a certain flashback of King George V and Bismarck META somewhere in the near future....

Next chapter will just start with a bit of first person perspective.

______________________________________________________________________

Victorious successfully returns from a normal mission and is clearly in high spirits. She skips along the shadows of pillars of the open corridor without caring. It's not always obvious but even a free-spirited and enthusiastic Goddess values beauty and grace.....except for her dear friend whose expression shifts between confusion and disbelief.

"Hmm?"

At the end of the corridor and standing by the wide-open door, Victorious slowly stops in her tracks as soon as her gaze catches King George V seemingly worried and Illustrious being equally worried as well.

"O-oh, Victorious. You've returned already....." Illustrious notices her standing and staring
"This is a bit early....." King George V weekly groans
"What's up? You two are sweating cold"

Victorious remains smiling and even excitedly runs to the two much like a curious child. She even ignores the tense atmosphere around the two.

"Victorious, something happened that I know will upset you. I need you to relax" Illustrious grabs both of her shoulders
"I've received news that we both know will affect you emotionally" King George V steps forward
"W-what's going on?" Victorious is beginning to feel nervous
"It's regarding a recent operation by Iron Blood led by Bismarck"

King George V takes the initiative of reporting it herself while Illustrious stands beside her younger sister.

"And?" Victorious swallows her breath
"Tirpitz was a part of it. Even with their might, it ended in defeat when a particular META challenged both Bismarck and Tirpitz"
"Are you telling me Tirpitz sunk?!" Victorious is quick to shout
"No, no, certainly not!" King George V immediately denies it
"O-oh. I-I thought you're telling me my friend died without me knowing...."
"Tirpitz returned to Iron Blood....in one piece. None in Iron Blood sunk in that mission"
"Thank goodness"

Victorious nearly panics for a moment and she even thinks of angrily shaking King George V to demand an answer. Fortunately, she eases her tension with a deep sigh of relief.

"It's just that...." King George V clears her throat
"What?" Victorious frowns
"Don't worry. Your friend is in a better condition than being killed in action"
"I....I see....."
"Tirpitz is just currently in a comatose after the influence of a META rigging poisoned her body......"
"How is that any better?!"

Victorious grabs King George V's collar with both hands and angrily shakes the battleship while Illustrious is pulling her back without trying to hurt her.

"Why is that big dummy in a comatose?!" Victorious is about to cry
"It's as I've said. When Tirpitz fought a META alongside Bismarck, she must have resorted to using Tirpitz META's salvaged rigging to try and defeat a powerful META"
"What?!"

Victorious is more furious than surprised at Tirpitz since she knows very well Tirpitz would resort to methods with a high or certain chance of killing her just to defeat one enemy.

"Her normal kansen body couldn't withstand the power of a META, so it began to poison her until both body and mind succumbed to it.....so she's in a comatose"
"Where is she?" Victorious lets go of King George V
"She's under treatment in Iron Blood. They won't easily wake her up without a method to lessen the poison constantly harming her
"In a way, this was like Bismarck's situation. Instead of a black wisdom cube, the META's power tried to corrupt her"
"Tirpitz. No way...."