Day of Festivity

Forced to go through the day.

It's the day of the Sakura Empire feast where everyone from other nations is free to attend. The venue is lively and packed with kansens everywhere. There are those who are glad they could meet friends from another nation and there are those who wish to enjoy the food offered left and right.

"It's rare to see you on free occasions, Bismarck" Richelieu approaches her
"Richelieu? I would say the same thing to you, I suppose"

They are both respectable leaders, but now they're both relaxed and focused on enjoying the event. Bismarck quietly stands in one corner as she's happy some of her subordinates are enjoying themselves such as the U-boats running around carrying different kinds of snacks.....then there's Prinz Eugen gulping down sake alongside Ise and Hyuuga.

"I was with Jean Bart earlier but she disappeared all of a sudden. When I found her, she's looking after the overly curious young ones" Richelieu giggle
"Well, I didn't lose my sister. Instead, she got dragged when she tried to escape"

Bismarck turns her gaze a bit to the right, silently looking towards Victorious grabbing Tirpitz's sleeves and quickly pulling her back every time she tries to suddenly walk away.

"It seems your relationship with your sister has improved" Richelieu warmly smiles
"Having a younger sister who's like a polar opposite of you can be challenging" Bismarck smirks for a split second
"I guess you and I have some similarities"

For Richelieu, she looks over at Jean Bart angrily at Le Mars and Maille Breeze stuffing too much meat at once and nearly choking.

"It took one.....incident to make me rethink about what I've been doing and what I must do" Bismarck lowers her gaze
"That incident. It's the same one where your sister gained an uncontrollable ability, nearly killed you, and was imprisoned for a year"
"....." Bismarck refuses to answer
"It escalated because I believed I did what's for her best. Tirpitz wanted to die but I ignored her request"
"Although I would do anything to save Jean Bart, but God wouldn't forgive me if I disrespected someone who accepts death"
"Then in the Iris Libre's teachings, that makes me a sinner"
"I do not make the final judgment. As for my personal opinion, I believe people who seeks atonement deserves forgiveness"

Richelieu is aware she isn't present or aware throughout the whole incident, so doesn't bear any form of hatred towards Bismarck. All she could see is the lingering guilt and how it still follows her like a shadow even when their life has returned to normal.

"You wouldn't know how much someone or something means to you until they're gone. I never thought I could lose Tirpitz just like that, so I refused her wish to pass away on her own terms" Bismarck crosses her arms
"You never told her about your sincere thoughts? Despite your intimidating and proud front, you showed me a gentle and thoughtful side today" Richelieu is genuinely proud
"Even now, I still find it difficult to be honest with her"
"It can be awkward indeed"

The two watch over their respective younger sisters spending their time in the festival since. Namely, Bismarck lets her guard down and gently smile seeing Victorious pull Tirpitz to  stall grilling juicy beef.

"Tirpitz! Tirpitz! Their meat is really tasty" Victorious gnaws on the slice of beef
"You've been shoving food into your mouth ever since we came here. At this rate, you'd get a flabby stomach" Tirpitz shakes her head
"That's mean!"
"You enjoy yourself way too much"
"Well, this is a festival. Of course I'm enjoying myself especially you're here, dummy!"

Victorious hands over barbecue to Tirpitz who reluctantly accepts. She couldn't refuse or actually leave Victorious just seeing how she's enjoying a feast who has to be dragged out of the room for tea time.