Nothing to Hide

Author: **Puts on sunglasses, grabs marshmallow, and off to get robbed by a raccoon outdoors**

______________________________________________________________

Several files printed out data gathered from the research base attacked by Bismarck META's group. Neumark barely reads half of the contents since she's aware it writes her logins and modifications. She tilts her head, expressing her indifference at the obvious evidence presented against her.

"Yes, this is indeed printed evidence and I'm not denying any of it. So what of it?"

Inside the closed interrogation room, the only thing separating her from Bismarck is a rectangular table and the handcuffs on her wrists.

"You'll be imprisoned for who knows how long. Don't you value your own freedom?" Bismarck straightens her back
"Let me guess: you won't imprison me in exchange for information?" Neumark scoffs
"As the fleet leader, I can lighten your punishment and no can object to it. Don't make it harder for yourself than it is, Neumark"
"Is going after Bismarck META that important to you? Your efforts will be in vain because you have no means to overpower her. Not to mention, you'll be facing several METAs at once"

Neumark knows Bismarck speaks calmly and gently to persuade her into confessing before she's officially imprisoned and never see the light of day again, but her choice remains firm.

"Why did you help her? You know she's an enemy to all of us and there's no benefit to allying with her"
"If I had the choice, I wouldn't even think of cooperating with her. I didn't do this for myself, Bismarck"
"Then tell me you're forced into this and it wasn't your wish to betray us"

Even now, Bismarck still has a fraction of hope that Neumark will make it seem Bismarck META threatened her rather than willingly betray Iron Blood.

"I can't say anything and I will never say anything" Neumark stares at the documents instead
"What are you afraid of?" Bismarck notices the slight shaking in her tone
"I don't want to see anyone in a pointless conflict when I could do something about it. That's all there is to it"

Neumark lifts her head and wryly smiles at Bismarck, wishing she could at least express her hate seeing the two sisters being enemies again like more than a year ago.

"I wished I defied you when you ordered me to save Tirpitz" Neumark softly laugh
"Why is that?"
"If I let her die like she wanted, none of us would have to go through this trouble. You would have me punished for insubordination, but compared to that.....this is worse"
"........."

Bismarck frowns seeing Neumark tests her patience by deliberately keeping her answers vague and ominous. It's no different from throwing bait in front of her and immediately pulling it away the morning she's tempted to reach out.

"What does this have to do with Bismarck META?" Bismarck leans forward
"Like the hell should I know. You know yourself, Bismarck. You will never give away critical information to someone on the risk of being captured" Neumark scoffs
"What is Bismarck META after? She only acts against Iron Blood and targeting Tirpitz"
"It's true there's something she wanted from Tirpitz, but that's as far as I know" Neumark limits her response
"You do know the truth. Otherwise, you wouldn't think of even cooperating with her if you're uncertain with her goal" Bismarck slams the table
"So?'

Neumark's somewhat regretful expression shifts to an annoyed gaze with a stern voice.

"There's nothing you can do, Bismarck. If you weren't so hesitant on suspecting me, you would have caught me off guard and find out the truth for yourself" Neumark smirks
"......!"
"Unfortunately, you took so long that I caught wind of your plan and arranged to leave you with nothing"
"Neumark......"
"I don't care if I'm going to prison, you still lose"