ACT 3 - THE RETURN OF A PRINCESS

- 10 DECEMBER 1020

The sun's warm light of the evening was already fading as the day started reaching its end, but... it was just the beginning of something... very serious.

Drake and Sebastian continued following jezebel through the halls of the castle while feeling the gloomy, unsettling atmosphere, jezebel kept walking with fast steps while leading them to a side of the castle that was empty for nearly two years.

She stood beside a door and opened it, she kept looking at the royal brothers with a serious face and said "she' waiting for you..., drake-sama...", drake stuttered for a bit but he took a deep breath before entering, jezebel closed the door behind them...

They entered the room where they would find Sophia sitting on what's looks like a royal bed, Sophia looked like a young adult, she had long flowy black hair and a beautiful face..., but... she seemed thinking... a lot.

Sophia

Sophia

She kept looking through the window while drake and Sebastian were standing there, suddenly she let a slight sigh before saying "time passes really fast.... (she looks at them) it's really ironic for a vampire to say that isn't it...., I mean we can live forever... heh....".

Drake clenched his hands, he didn't like where this was going but he wanted an explanation, he looked at her with a serious face and said "what was the point of all this... Sophia?".

Sebastian stood by the door and brought a new cigar and lighted it up as he waited for the answer...

Sophia looked at them with a sad face and smiled as she said "it's been two years, drake...", drake's eyes widened up as she continued "it's like... we left her go yesterday... but.... Every bad story must come to an end... a good one perhaps..., right...?", drake stayed silent for a bit and said with a serious tone "what's happening...?".

Sophia put a sad smile and said "Sara is coming back tomorrow, drake".

Drake froze for a sec while sweating "h-huh...?", meanwhile... a worried expression showed on Sebastian's face, after minutes of silence, drake asked: when did she inform you?

Sophia: four days ago.

Drake put a frustrated face: and you kept it a secret....., I...I just can't...I...I'm...it's me...it's my fault...

Sophia got up and approached him saying "please, stop...., just stop....", but drake kept on saying ".... I'm the reason why she had to go through all of this...., I don't deserve her...., I don't want her to suffer anymore...., I thought that it was good for her.... But... I was doing it for myself... I can't....".