ACT 13 - THE HUNTER AND THE PREY

- 14 December 1020

Another beautiful day in "κοκκινα ματια" (kokkina matia) as the royal family continued having their breakfast, when they're done, drake started laughing and yelled "ohh? guess who's going to hunt today!!!", Emma put a painful smile and said "don't say..., (looks at Edward) is it really your turn?".

Edward put an angry face while saying "and...? what if it was...?", Emma covered her mouth as she felt a little laughter coming out and said "n-nothing...", Edward put a frustrated face and yelled at her "hey, are you laughing?", Emma waved her head "no..., not... at... heh... all",

Suddenly, Martip exploded in laughter, followed by drake who started yelling "HAHA, what are you going to bring this time? An ant?!! HAHAHA", Martip yelled "no, no... remember that time when he brought a bunny...., Hahaha", the laughter got the best of Emma who joined the two laughing and said "or that time when he brought a tiny bird...! hahahaha!".

Edward kept watching everyone laughing at him and yelled with a frustrated yet shy voice "w-what about a bunny or a bird... their meat is so tasty!!", drake and Martip kept looking at him with blank faces for a bit..., suddenly they exploded in laughter...., Sophia let a slight giggle and said "a bunny might be good..., but it's not enough..., Edward".

Edward stood up and said with a frustrated "but..." just to be interrupted by jezebel, who grabbed the hunting gear and gave it to him while saying with a serious tone "I don't care if you're bad at hunting or whatsoever..., I'm not serving vegetable soup to the royal family again....".

He put an angry face while grabbing the hunting gear and yelled at them "I... I will show you my worth, because tonight... we shall feast on all kind of delicious meats!! That will be hunted by me!!", drake put a smug smile while waving his hand and said "so... how many rabbits are you going to bring this time? Two?" causing Martip to blow up in laughter, Edward let an angry sigh ad he started leaving and yelled "I will show you...!!".

Edward walked out the castle and down the huge staircase, he stops in front of the edge of the kingdom..., where the dome intersects with the ground and called upon florin...

Florin "the dome keeper"..., he's the 2th generation of the dome keepers father after son, they gave the oath to protect the dome, the vampires inside, and of course to obey and protect the royal family, he lives in a cabinet held upside down from the top center of the dome where he controls roughly everything that enters and leaves the kingdom,

Edward kept waiting while looking at the dome..., suddenly he extended his hand with a serious face while summoning his dark horse that emerged from the ground, a technic that only the highly skilled and highly powered vampires are able to execute.

Edward put the hunting gear on his horse and watched florin opening a small cutout in dome as a door for Edward to pass through, and so began his adventure as he left the kingdom...

- In a place far - far away:

Someone was standing on a high tree branch while the scene, it was a strange looking human wearing a dirty black cloth that covered his face, all that can be recognized were his dead blue eyes staring at Edward's horse at it kept running toward the nearby forests...

Edward kept looking around all the massive forest..., but unfortunately, he found nothing..., he kept looking around angrily "tsk... the same thing as always-... huh...? or maybe...?", he put an excited surprised face when he spotted a huge moose that has six horns..., he clenched the hunting gear with an excited face and yelled "this... this is just what i wanted, it's huge!!! He must be as tall as Martip!!!".

Edward stayed quiet while using his bow and arrows, he's not the best aimer but he tried to get the job done, his hands kept shaking and suddenly... he shoot the moose right in the heart..., Edward put an excited face while saying "yes!! right in the heart...!! how did I do that..., huh?", he noticed the moose looking at him from a distance with raging eyes..., and suddenly the huge moose started charging toward Edward in complete rage...

Edward kept looking at the moose charging like a seeping train, suddenly... he threw the bow and arrow down and said "tsk... well, I'm not the best aimer so..., here goes nothing...".

After couple seconds, Edward can be seen getting the dead moose ready for transportation, he kept struggling with the heavy moose before feeling a strange aura that gave him shills down his spine, he felt it behind a tree so.., he turned around and kept looking at it "what was that feeling?", he decided to move fast in a try to catch whoever was hiding there, but apparently, he found no one...

Edward kept looking at the empty tree and said "huh..., nothing...?" while turning around, and suddenly... he opened his eyes when he saw the thing, it was covered in a thick sickening aura, Edward kept looking at it thinking "what's wrong with this aura? It's filled with sadness...", suddenly and from inside the aura, emerged a man inside an old black cloth...

Edward can't see his face, all he can see are those blue eyes that were looking straight into his soul, suddenly the stranger jumped on Edward and grabbed his right shoulder so fast that he didn't have enough time to react, Edward kept thinking angrily "what is wrong with his speed...?" just to surprised by the man grabbing his other shoulder with a strong grip...

Edward kept squirming while the stranger continued staring deeply into Edward's eyes while mumbling random words with a deep screechy voice "TSAP... RUOY... REBMEMER... OT... UOY... DNAMMOC... I, LATSYRC... EULB... EHT... FO... YTIROHTUA... EHT... YB!!!", Edward felt his body getting loose while watching the man's blue eyes swirling like a galaxy.....

Suddenly, Edward clenched his hands while lifting his face in anger, he stared at the weird man with a strong glare and said with a deep angry voice "hey..., are you trying to scare me?" as he grabbed the stranger's throat with his hand..., the man started stuttering as Edward continued "it was a bad enough day today..., NOW GET LOST...!!" as he launched the stranger so hard that he got thrown away and landed on his face like a dead log...

Edward kept looking at man waiting for him to get up, but he noticed that the stranger wasn't answering and moving..., he approached him slowly and touched his shoulder "hey, I'm talking to you-... huh?".

Edward was shocked with the empty cloth as the man seemed to be disintegrated and reduced into fine dust that started flying away..., all that was left were the empty clothes..., suddenly Edward started feeling dizzy as his vision started getting blurry "huh...? why... do i feel... tired...", he kept fighting the urge to sleep while thinking angrily " come on... stay... a-... awake...", but... he couldn't keep it together as he fell down and stayed on the ground for a bit as his eyes started closing slowly...