ACT 23 - THE WRATH OF A KING

- ?? December 219

Maria stood behind while watching while covering her face from the strong wind of the impact..., an impact that made every single demon explode out from the windows and doors...

it was drake's incredible show of power as he looked at Maria and said with a serious face "let's go... we have a little kid to save".

she looked at him for a bit and waved her head in agreement as she said "okay",

they started emptying floor after floor as drake continued using his super strong fists that destroyed big numbers of the enemies at once..., meanwhile... Maria used her knife and great agility...

suddenly, a demon managed to kick her knife from her hand..., he tried to finish her up... but suddenly... his head got cut into slices...

drake kept looking at Maria and noticed her face; covered in that demon's blood..., he looked at her hand and saw long sharp nails..., he raised his eyebrow and then just continued fighting...

Maria kept looking at her hands and said "it's been a long time since I used them... but this is an emergency situation, huf..., huf... let's do this...!!".

they spent the whole night fighting the human looking demons, and with every passing minute, drake got impressed by Maria's solid will and fighting ability.

but..., while fighting a huge number of enemies, Maria felt dizzy and lost her balance for a second because of the extreme pain she felt..., and just like that... tens of enemies jumped on her to finish her since she had already reached her limit...

suddenly, their wide, thirsty for blood smiles faded away when they got surprised by a fast blow from drake that blew them away..., he kept looking at her with a serious glare and noticed that she was hardly even standing without help...

he clenched his fist and said "I will be taking care of everything without your help", she tried to stand up but drake put his hand on her shoulder and continued with a serious tone "you must stay alive, for your kid..., leave everything to me...".

she kept looking at him and suddenly, she smiled and waved her head in agreement..., she kept following from behind while watching tens of demons getting slayed by the king of vampires...

the demons tried to hurt him, but they were doing nothing but shallow scratches.., drake launched a howling punch that blew the whole room up while thinking with a frustrated serious face "... there's still a lot of them..., tsk... where did even they come from".

...but, he might had an idea...

Drake cleared the remaining floors all the way up to the 6th one with nothing but his bare fists, they started climbing the stairs..., and suddenly drake noticed that Maria started coughing blood while having an unnaturally pale face...

he knew that she wasn't going to hold anymore, so he grabbed her and said with a cold voice "I assure you..., we'll save your son..., you can wait here, your condition doesn't allow you to go any-....", Maria interrupted him and said "I'm... huf..., I'm coming with you, let's move..., (looks at the blood) this... is nothing...".