ACT 25 - THE FAREWELL, BUT...

- ?? December 219

The morning light sneaked into the dark room to announce the start of a new day...

meanwhile... Drake was... still by Maria's body, staring into nothingness..., he spent the next few hours in his place... looking at her face...

suddenly he got up and went outside and spent some time digging a grave with his bare hands...

the grave was located in the big flower's field that was beside the castle...

he dug it beside another grave that held the same last name..., it was her husband's...

as he finished the digging... he got back to the castle..., stood beside the door with surprised face when he noticed Edward awake and looking around with an unemotional face..., suddenly, the kid's eyes were fixed on Maria's body... as he kept looking at her with a cold stare on his face...

drake approached Edward and gave him a light head pat while taking his black coat off, he kept warping it around Maria's body and covering her up..., he held her and walked around the castle with a serious yet dead look on his eyes...., while being followed by little Edward...

- the outside:

drake kept walking under the bright morning's sun without his coat..., his face started letting out steam and smoke as his skin continued burning..., Edward kept followed follow him... and suddenly he felt pain when he was stung by the sun...

Edward sat down with an emotionless face while rubbing his burning hands, he stayed in the shadows while watching from distance as drake started putting dirt as he closed the grave...

Drake collected a nearby rock and started carving it with his nails to make a tombstone..., as he finished the grave, he kept staring at it with sad eyes...

he looked behind and noticed Edward in the shadows looking at the grave with serious yet emotionless eyes...

drake got up and took his white shirt off..., he kept looking at Edward and put the shirt on his head to protect him from the harsh sun..., after a bit... he took Edward's hand while leading him toward the grave where they would spend couple hours sitting beside it...

drake looked at Edward and noticed that his eyes fixed on the grave..., the kid felt a connection with the grave but didn't know why..., Edward didn't know who this person was...

so, he just kept staring at her grave with open serious eyes, because when he was turned into a vampire... he lost all the memories from his human self, as he started a new life as a vampire....

Suddenly..., A gentle light exited the grave, it was Maria's soul, they couldn't see her but she kept roaming around them with a wide smile on her face...

she gave Edward a warm hug, then... she looked at drake and said with a gentle smile "I'm leaving him with you... drake! Take care you two..." as she ascended to meet her endeared husband, and live the life they dreamed about when they first fell in love....