Chapter 3 -÷- The Closed Door

Both you and Link stood in front of the door to the Temple of Time that floated among a great amount of sky islands, looking at the figure that was right in front of you. Rauru, the source of Link's new right arm. Link then eased up as he looked down to his arm, inspecting it's glowing blue aura under the jewelry that covered it. As you also looked in between Link's arm and Rauru, the connection also made itself clear to you. Rauru then apologized, "Forgive me for appearing to you in this manner. Unfortunately, I no longer have a physical form."

The two of you now stood normally as you listened on, "In any case, that arm should allow you to open this door. It seems to have lost the power to do so." He then placed his hand to his chin as he closed his eyes in deep thought, "You might be able to restore it, but you would need to enter a place filled with sacred light..." He then made a realization as he turned his head to the side, towards a small mountain with a rock up on the top, "Ah, of course. Why not visit the shrines on this island?"

Looking up to the shrines, a large spiral then began to flow from the top, better showing it's location. You and Link joined Rauru on the edge of the platform as he looked to you, continuing, "The shrines... Yes, I am sure they are the key." He then seemed to fade from sight as you looked around for him, only to be met with nothing. Your eyes once again fell to the door that had dimmed once again. Link placed his hand on your shoulder as you turned to him. He suggested the two of you get going to the shrine and you agreed.

For you, time seemed to speed up as you and Link traveled to the first shrine and entered through a spiritual portal into a much larger room with a few challenges ahead, but before you could commence, Rauru spoke to the two of you once more as he appeared in front of you, "So, you've made it here." "I wouldn't consider it to have been too difficult of a journey." You replied as he nodded and continued, "This is a Shrine of Light. Long ago, I filled these places with light that purges evil. I believe this light will restore an ability your right arm has lost. Now then, Link, extend your hand."

Link followed the instructions and held out his right hand, as spiritual energy began to snake it's way up his arm before forming a symbol in his palm, one that resembled the hand symbol that was present on a lot of the technology around. The symbol, enveloped in a green orb, then disappeared into Links hand without a trace.

"What you just received is the Ultrahand ability." Rauru described, "It allows you to move objects freely and attach them to other objects. With it, you'll be able to build a great number of things. Really, anything you could imagine. Use Ultrahand, and receive the blessing from this shrine." As Rauru finished explaining, he closed his eyes and vanished once again.

With the ability, the challenge was mere child's play, moving a large slab of stone to get across one gap, and then fusing two others by clenching his fist, Link was able to make it to the finial area within a few minutes. The two of you now stood before a large pillar with what you'd decided to call an activation port in front, surrounded by four other pillars.

As Link lifted his hand to the activation port, the walls surrounding the inner sculpture of a woman and a figure not only resembling Rauru, but the ancient Zonai as well. That's when it had clicked for you, when you first saw Rauru, you'd gotten a sense of something you we're missing, like you'd seen his figure before, but now it had an explanation. Rauru was the spirit of a Zonai.

As this was circulating your head, you also noticed that an orb of golden light had formed in front of Link, and as he softly touched it with his hand, it vanished into his arm, with a small portion of gloom seeming to evaporate off of him. With the task done, the statues were covered up by two stone slabs that had been previously hovering above them.

After a small amount of backtracking, the two of you exited the shrine and into the sunlight cascading over the islands. As you looked around to the slowly dimming area, Rauru once again appeared before you and Link, commending you, "You both did very well getting through that shrine. And you've restored an ability. This is wonderful. If you visit and complete two more shrines, you should be able to open the door to the Temple of Time."