Chapter 4 -÷- Return to the Land

As the two of you finished the teleportation into the area just outside of the Room of Awakening as Rauru had called it, you looked about before spotting a cave entrance up near the spinning gears. Link also noticed it and led you to a small platform before he used Ascend to jump into it. As you saw his feet disappear into the stone, you looked to the engraving on your new jewelry and took a deep breath. 

Looking up at the stone and visualizing a target, you jumped with your hands at the highest point, and just as you thought you were about to fall back down, you shot up and right through the stone, popping out the other side where Link was waiting for you. After he helped you up, the two of you switched to Recall and reversed the gears rotation to get to the other side.

Walking through to the other side of the cave, the Shrine now lay before you. After Link opened it up, the two of you walked through to complete the final trial.

After using Recall to ride a log boat to the next platform and using another to go up the waterfall, you now stood before the final door, where two hands similar to the hands of a clock were spinning in opposite directions. Holding out your hand and patiently waiting, you activated Recall once the two hands meet to make the door open and reveal the end.

After receiving the final blessing, the two of you exited the shrine to now head back to the Temple of Time. Once you managed to get back up to the statue of the goddess, light began to shine down upon the statue as an angelic voice spoke, "You who have conquered the shrines and claimed their Lights of Blessing. In exchange for four Lights of Blessing, I will grant you power.

You looked to Link who nodded back at you as you both said at the same time, "We wish for a Heart Container." The voice then responded, "You want a Heart Container, yes?" To which both of you nodded firmly. "Then I shall grant you the power you seek." The voice said as a Heart-shaped jewel with golden outlines floated from the air and softly touched down in both of your extended hands, to which it then disappeared into two red lights that both flew into your chests.

As you looked to Link, a significant amount of gloom evaporated from his body, as you could also feel some sort of corruption leave your body. But with it came a small sense of further vitality, and you sighed as you smiled. Then, before the light faded, the voice said one last thing, "Go, and bring peace to the world..."

Now with a renewed sense of strength, the two of you returned to the door and once again pushed on it. As the draining feeling of loosing vitality returned and spiked, both you and Link continued to hold on, refusing to give up until the two dragons eyes lit up and a new center engraving appeared as the door finally began to move.

Slowly pushing it open, a rush of wind came and pushed against both of you. As the two of you met back up after letting go of the door, Rauru appeared and spoke to the two of you once again, "Ah, good. I see you've managed to open the door. You haven't fully recovered yet, but that's to be expected--you were almost beyond saving..."

Link then replied, saying he could be a rather stubborn individual. Rauru chuckled as he continued, "By visiting the shrines and receiving their blessings, you seem to have mitigated some of the corruption's effects." You also noted the feeling as Link looked himself over before turning back to Rauru, "Though our time together has been brief, I am so happy to have finally met you two..."

As he turned to the platform, his hair blowing in the wind, a smile creeped onto his face, "You are exactly as Zelda said." The two of you then turned to look to the platform ahead, with islands in the back being illuminated by the bright blue sky. Rauru then spoke again, "I've done everything I can for her." Making you and Link look back to Rauru, only to notice that his spirit was beginning to fade with the wind. Rauru looked both of you in the eyes as he said, "Now it's up to you."

Looking to him as his spirit fully faded away, you and Link held a small moment of silence for the Zonai who'd helped you start your new Journey.

Then, the two of you looked to the platform ahead. Taking a deep breath, you asked Link, "Are you ready Link?" He looked back to where Rauru previously was before he turned to you and nodded. Slowly walking across the broken bridge to the platform, you were sure to stay in the middle to avoid falling off.

As you approached the platform, you soon spotted a golden light floating above a stone table in the middle of the platform. Walking up to it and through another tori gate, you and Link took opposite sides of the table, observing the golden light. Then, the engraved symbol for Recall lit up on both yours and Link's hands, and as the golden light began to flash, light began to glow from Links back, and he turned to see the Master Sword slowly flashing.

He then turned and pulled the damaged blade off of his back and held it in front of the golden light, what was left of the original blade was shining a promising blue. As you and Link looked in between the golden light and the Master Sword, Link slowly moved the blade into the light and let it go, allowing it to float within the golden light. And within a flash of light, it disappeared into the light, which slowly faded behind it.

You and Link looked to each other in confusion, unaware of the journey the Master Sword was now on.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With the power of Recall the Master Sword shot centuries back in time within minutes, until it all slowed down and it broke the Recall, slowly falling into the hands of Zelda, who stood dumbfounded at the sight. As she gently held the blade, it began to glow with blue light once again as she listened. She then held the blade in a vertical position as she sighed with realization, and she looked to the sky...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Link reached out to the remnants of the light, and then he looked to the symbol on his hand, the ground then began to shake. Quickly looking around for any sort of danger, a great dragon then pierced the clouds a way away, letting out a magnificent roar as it flew upwards. As you and Link stared in awe, you then noticed something. "Link!" You said catching his attention as you quickly ran to the edge of the platform, pointing downward, "Look! The clouds are parting!"

As they parted, you soon made out the somehow floating Hyrule castle, being pushed upward by a constant torrent of gloom. Then the two of you looked to a makeshift settlement that you both knew very well, surrounding the ancient fountain of Hyrule, where Link had once been knighted as the Champion of Hyrule; Lookout Landing.

"Link... (Y/n)..."

"Link... (Y/n)... You must find me."

You looked to Link as he did the same, he then suggested the two of you get to Lookout Landing to inform Purah of the situation. You agreed and the two of you looked down once more. Spotting a pool of water that would be able to break your fall. "You ready?" You asked Link, who nodded in confirmation. And with a deep breath, you both interlocked hands, and lept from the platform.

Skydiving from that height, it felt like you were falling for a few good minutes before you two once again pencil dove into the water, swimming to the surface and heading to shore. Now you were back in the Hyrule Kingdom. "Alright. It feels good to be back." You said as you took a deep breath of fresh air, "Now let's get going." Link agreed and the two of you began the trek to Lookout Landing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm so happy I finally had the motivation to get the story past it's tutorial area, needless to say, I am extremely proud of this story, and look forward to showing what I have planned.

I hope you guys enjoy this story with me and if you have any questions that don't regard future chapters (You're only going to get 1 cryptic answer if you do), I'll be happy to explain my thought process with you.

Keep being the amazing people you are, and have a good day.

-Zion