Chapter 20 -÷- Clearing the Water = Part I

Visru finally broke the silence by getting up and saying, "Okay, I'm gonna need something to get my mind off of that. We came here to investigate the regional phenomena, so let's start with that."

Link agreed as his gaze shifted to the statue that was covered in sludge. He'd managed to pick up some splash fruit before, so he pulled a couple out of his pouch and hurled one at the statue, effortlessly clearing away the sludge covering it.

"Oh my!" Came the same Zora from before as she now looked upon the clean and sparkling statue, which now held the Visage of both Prince Sidon and Link. "The sludge!" The Zora exclaimed as she looked to Link, "I see you managed to wash it away! That statue is a symbol of hope for the Zora... It is very precious to us. Thank you so much for cleaning it up! In truth, that statue...depicts the majestic forms of the pair who saved this cherished domain in the past."

One of the other Zora then excitedly said, "That is right! Beloved Prince Sidon of the Zora and his very best friend...Sir Link, the heroic Hylian swordsman!" Link smiled as he looked at the statue while the Zora continued, "It is simply wonderful, is it not? How I would love to meet him some day..." Visru looked to the Zora and lightly chuckled, "You might want to have a look at my friend here..."

The Zora did just that as she said, "Say, you have a similar stature to the Hylian hero. Similar eyes as well... Oh my, and you are also a Hylian... And a swordsman... Wait. Could it be..." Link then scratched the back of his head as he introduced himself, leaving the Zora speechless, "You are Link?! The swordsman of legend?!"

The third Zora then cleared her throat as she lightly whispered, "Please remember to mind your manners, Chroma!" The Zora known as Chroma swiftly apologized, with Link replying that it was alright. The first Zora then said, "Yes, please pardon our rudeness. I am quite surprised to learn that you are the legendary swordsman, Sir Link. I have heard mention of you nearly every day since I first arrived at this domain."

Link then explained how the one who was currently being treated was you, and the one who brought you in was a new ally, who nodded his head. "I am Visru, Sage of Courage. It's a pleasure to meet you three." He said as he gave a slight bow, "May we know who you are?" The first Zora smiled as she said, "Well, I am Prince Sidon's... Oh, forgive me. I am your best friend's fiancée. My name is Yona. I am truly honored to have the opportunity to meet you, Sir Link."

Link was lightly taken aback from the revelation. It had only been a little while since he and Sidon had last spoken, and he surely would have mentioned something like this. But Link shook his head, understanding the reasoning, and not bearing any sort of resentment.

"I had heard that you were missing along with Princess Zelda... If I may ask, what brings you here?" Yona asked as Link then caught her up to speed on the situation. The Zora at her side were taken aback by the story as Yona frowned, "To think that such a thing took place beneath Hyrule Castle. And now you are traveling the kingdom to investigate..." The third Zora then finished, "So your search for Princess Zelda is what brought you here to this domain." Yona smiled as she said, "In that case, feel free to investigate the area around the domain as thoroughly as you see fit."

Link nodded and was about to head off before Yona clapped her hands together as she said, "Oh! I have a lovely idea! If you do not mind, I ask that you please go and meet with Sidon. I am certain he would be delighted to see you. He can be found at Mipha Court, located at the peak of Ploymus Mountian." As he looked up to the mountian he had vivid memories of, the third Zora said, "Lady Yona, it is time. I fear we must be going now."

She clearly remembered something as she then said, "Forgive me, you two, but I must be on my way. Ah, but if it pleases you... After you have met with Sidon, perhaps you could visit me at the infirmary in the floor above. I am determined to be of assistance to you as best I can, Sir Link." Link and Visru watched as they slowly walked away before looking back up to Ploymus Mountian. Link then explained that the last few times he was here, he had to scale the waterfalls with a special piece of armor that was made for him by someone, keeping the details of who a secret.