Chapter 9 -÷- Awaken the Wind = Part II

As you and the son of Teba, Tulin finally reached the top of Hebra Peak, a great mountain for which the snowy region is named after, you got up onto a rather aincent looking pedestal where you and Tulin found a Rito warrior looking at a path of similarly carved stone platforms floating in the air. "If only it were possible to find out what's inside of this blizzard..." The Rito said as he turned and saw the two of you, "Why, if it isn't Tulin! I was too focused on the cloud to notice you. But if you've come here, that means-"

"Yep!" Tulin finished, "They said I could go up there!" The Rito relaxed as he said, "I knew it! Something told me you were the best one for this mission. Everyone has admired your wind-gust technique since you first demonstrated it. You may be the only Rito capable of rising above that cloud to find the truth among the turbulent skies. Give it your best shot. I'll be here watching for your return." "Thanks!" Tulin said as he placed his wings to his hips once more, "Between (Y/n) and me, you won't be disappointed."

As the two of you began to scale the platforms, what Tulin said got you thinking, you still weren't sure if you were the right one for this task, thinking back to Link. Had he received the Rito Gear and was on his way? Several other thoughts plagued you as Tulin called out, "(Y/n)! It was around here that I saw Princess Zelda. But now...I don't know where she could have gone." Your two's attention was then driven to something incredible.

"What IS that?" Tulin asked, looking at a floating ship with Rito designs in mind, prompting the two of you to go have a closer look. Once closer, Tulin said, "Look at that! It's a boat!" But before you could say anything in return, the same chime from earlier sounded out, prompting you and Tulin to look around.

"Come... Come...to me..."

"Whose voice was that? Was it coming from somewhere up there?" Tulin asked as the two of you looked up to the cloud above you, and in a few strikes of lightning within the cloud, a great ship could be made out through the flashes of light. One many times larger than the one right next to you. "Whoooa... Do you see that thing inside the cloud?" Tulin asked. "Pretty hard not to. It looks like another boat, but that thing takes up almost the entire size of the cloud! It must be the source of the blizzard!" You said in return. "There's tons of those little flying boats too. You know what this reminds me of?" Tulin said before he recalled the lyrics to the Song of the Stormwind Ark, "A line of ships soaring, built as a passage skyward. The god ascended to heaven, leaving behind an ark."

As he finished, he continued thinking, "This whole thing is just like the Song of the Stormwind Ark... Was that children's song true after all?! You heard that strange voice too, right, (Y/n)? I'm sure I heard it say, "come to me"! It's like it was calling us up there." "Well, I don't see anything around here that would lead us to Zelda." You said, "Maybe she could have gone to that ship."

"Well, nowhere to go but up! Come on!" Tulin said as the two of you continued. In order to fly up higher, you even used the sail of the ship next to you like a trampoline to shoot yourself into the sky.

Skipping over a few battles with constructs, monsters, and traveling even higher, eventually you could feel the air get even colder as Tulin said, "This is my first time flying up this high. The air's pretty cold up here, huh?" "Y-Y-Yep." You said as you looked to the ruby still attached to the shield Link had given you. Fortunately, it still provided you with warmth, so you were still comfortable. "I'll be fine, but what about you, (Y/n)? Make sure you don't freeze, ok?" Tulin said. "I'll b-be fine." You said as you couldn't help but chatter your teeth. But despite the weather, you kept on moving.

But soon came the hard part, where you were up next to the cloud itself, feeling the harsh winds push against you like mother nature itself was trying to force you out of the sky, but you kept your ground and looked up. All that there was next was a fleet of ships spining around the outside of the cloud, so you'd have to get the timing right if you wished to progress. You took another deep breath, which at this point was starting to hurt from the cold, and jumped onto the sail of the closest ship, bouncing you up into the air as you looked for your next target.