Chapter 16 -÷- Heading for Hateno

After stopping by the Woodland Stable and a nearby cave to find some treasure you'd heard about, you and Link were now nearing Lookout Landing, the clouds parting to show the vibrant blue sky. Entering through the main entrance to park your horses at the mini stable, you and Link began to walk through to meet up with Purah. Looking around, however, there was clearly something up. Most people were looking up to the main building with odd looks on their faces. "Can you believe it?!" A member of the Zonai Survey Team said to others. "What's going on?" You asked as you turned to the three. The one who was previously holding his hands over his mouth then turned to the two of you and said, "You don't know?! Some guy who looks just like the aincent Zonai just showed up and is talking with Doctor Purah as we speak!"

You and Link looked at each other with mixed emotions you couldn't entirely pick up. The two of you quickly made your way up to see that it was true! A figure resembling Rauru was standing next to Purah, a sword at his hip, and clothing of a similar style. "Purah. Who's that?" You asked, catching her attention. "Ah, Linky, (N/n). Welcome back. I'm glad to see you return from Eldin unharmed. Anyway, this is Vizru. He claims to be one of the ancient Zonai, and is here looking for you two specifically." She said as she gestured to the Zonai. He stood about a foot taller than Purah and was wearing blue clothing complete with a hood. He also had ears that stretched out to his sides, but they were not as long as Rauru's, and had less jewelry adorned on them. His hair, unlike Rauru's, was much shorter, and didn't even reach down to his shoulders.

He also wore bandages underneath his clothing and a golden gauntlet that had an eye symbol vaguely similar to the Shiekah eye. You were pulled from your thoughts when Vizru stepped forward and nodded his head, "Greetings you two. As Purah just said, I am Vizru, the Sage of Courage. I have spent a long while waiting for you two." You then took notice of a secret stone that lay on the hilt of his sword, glowing a much darker green compared to the green of Tulin's secret stone. Link then asked why he was here, to which he responded after a brief pause, "I made a promise that I would help stop the Demon King. And that is what I intend to do."

Your mind was still reeling as you found it hard to say anything. Beginning to feel light-headed, you leaned yourself up against the railing to keep yourself from falling. Link then explained how you and him planned to head to Hateno Village to see if anything was going on there, to which Purah understood. "Alright. But try not to take too long, then after you're done, I would suggest you head to Zora's Domain, since monsters are pretty active in the southern regions. Keep me posted." Purah said as the now trio of you began to walk away. "Why are you coming?" You asked Vizru, who simply responded, "I've been looking at recent maps of Hyrule, and want to see how it has changed."

"Alright. But it might be a good idea to get you some new clothes." You said as you examined Vizru's outfit. He sighed, "Fine. Maybe there's something we can find in this Hateno Village." After you and Link got back on your horses, you then realized Vizru didn't have a horse, so you extended your hand to him and said, "Wanna ride?" He looked to Link and then back to you as he took your hand while saying, "Sure." He then hopped onto the back of your horse, and the three of you set off.

You were left in silence as the three of you traveled, not able to say a single word as you could feel the presence of Vizru looming over you both figuratively and literally. Link noticed how you were begining to sweat as he stated that it would be a good idea to make a quick stop in Kakariko Village to see how the Upheaval had changed it. You quickly agreed to this as the three of you rode up Sahasra Slope, avoiding enemies before entering the valley to Kakariko Village.

The three of you dismounted in the small village that was surrounded by mountains, looking around at the quaint little houses. But your eyes drifted to the rings that were surrounding the village, one of them even flattening a poor house. "Let's try not to spend too long here, so Link, maybe talk to some of the people about what's happening with those rings, I'll go get us some more food and other items for the rest of the trip, and Vizru..." You explained as you turned to the Zonai, only to see he'd already wandered off, "And he's gone... *sigh* I'll go find him, just try not to get into trouble again Link."