Chapter 12 -÷- Eldin Corruptions

You sat calmly at the Woodland Stable as you held the Purah Pad, looking over some of the recently acquired data that Link had earlier informed you about. Turns out, while you were helping out the Rito, Link had gone to the Forgotten Temple, a long lost building that lay deep within Tanagar Canyon to help Impa when it came to finding more geoglyphs. Not only that, but he'd also journeyed into the Tabantha Tundra after finding the location of another geoglyph and activated it, with the memory somehow becoming recorded in the Purah Pad's data.

Link had told you to watch it, but to also be prepared for what it would show you, so you walked out of the stable and into the night, going around the side as you selected the Dragon's Tear and hit play, and just like that, you felt as if you were enveloped in light.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Queen Sonia was lying on the floor, not moving as Zelda knelt over her body, a look of dismay on her face as she desperately said, "Queen Sonia! Queen Sonia!" She was on the verge of tears as a Gerudo man stood over them, clutching a stone in his hand as he turned and walked to the edge of the platform they were on. "Finally..." he spoke, as if he'd just fulfilled a life goal, "Finally it is mine!"

He held the glowing yellow stone in his hand as he raised it up high, the golden color fading into black. The man smirked as the stone enlarged in his hand to the rhythm of a heartbeat, a glowing red symbol being etched onto it as it began to levitate after the man let it go. It then shot towards the man and embedded itself in a new piece of jewelry fashioned like a crown on the man's forehead. "Haaah... I can feel my strength surging!" The man declared as an aura of gloom began to flow from him.

Zelda held Queen Sonia's body in her arms as she looked on in fear. With the sky turning a blood red, the man outstretched both of his arms as his cry echoed out into the night, with his body being covered in gloom as it began to change.

His veins pulsed with malice, his skin a dark grey, with horns sprouting from his head, leaving Zelda in dismay. Flowing red hair like fire, eyes burning with hatred, this was a man fueled by desire, and now a Demon King reincarnated.

A monumental blood moon rose from the horizon as the Demon King turned to Zelda, a mouth full of sharp teeth grinning as he held up his hand and then sent a pillar of malice skyward, creating a wave that summoned a torrent of monsters of all kinds to the Demon King's Beck and call.

The people grew in fear as the Demon King looked to the doorway, seeing two Zonai coming through, one being Rauru. Rauru looked on in horror as he called out, "Sonia!" As he quickly knelt down to her side, the other Zonai stood next to Zelda, a blade drawn, ready to attack. "You are too late, Rauru." The Demon King spoke, "You took for granted the godlike power you had in your hands. Do you now see the potential you squandered?"

As the Demon King spoke, Rauru and Zelda lay Queen Sonia's lifeless body down. She was already gone. "As for her..." The Demon King spoke, "She is merely the first victim of your arrogance. You tried to control me, Rauru, and now you will die knowing you failed!" Rauru looked to the Demon King, anger clearly in his eyes as his ears began to shake in anger. Rauru began to call out the man's name, but was stopped by both Zelda and the other Zonai saying, "King Rauru!"

He halted as the Zonai said, "Queen Sonia needs you!" Rauru's third eye trembled as he was thinking of how to use his power. But the Demon King raised his hand as a beam of gloom shot towards them. The other Zonai activated his powers as two identical copies of himself jumped out and clashed their swords together, shielding all of them.

But the Demon King's power was too vast as the copies were quickly eradicated, leaving the other Zonai to cry out in pain as he took a knee. "Vizru!" Zelda shouted as Rauru created a shield of light to block the incoming attack, buying Zelda enough time to pull out the Purah Pad and teleport the four of them away.