Chapter 8 -÷- Awaken the Wind = Part I

After managing to make your way out of Rito Village, you began your trek through the snow to head for the lodge, doing your best to ignore the bitingly cold temperatures. Starting out from the Lucky Clover Gassete, you waved Teba goodbye as he flew off with a bag full of Rito gear in the direction of the Snowfield Stable. After he left, you chose to take the shorter, un-pathed route to the lodge. Of course, on your way, you had to fend off an attack of bokoblins, but you easily dealt with them and continued on.

Pretty soon afterward, you finally passed in between the two bonfires and walked up to an adult Rito standing guard. "Hey there. Are you here because you spotted the bonfires?" He asked. "Sort of," you replied, "I came here looking for Harth." "Oh, he's over in the lodge there." The Rito said as he directed your attention to the Rito with dark bluish grayish feathers. You thanked him and headed into the lodge, enjoying the warm coat coming from the fire inside.

Harth turned at the sound of your footsteps and was surprised at your presence. "(Y/n)! You're all right!" He said, looking agape, "I worried after I heard that you had gone missing. What happened?" After a long story short, he placed a wing to his beak as he spoke, "Ah, so you're looking for Princess Zelda. Sorry to tell you that I haven't heard anything about her. Our feathers are full dealing with a more immediate problem."

"The blizzard." You guessed, prompting Harth to nod. "Exactly. Everyone from the village has left to scavenge for food or to investigate the cause of the blizzard." He replied, "And all that has been hampered by the sky monsters that seem to be everywhere. We're spread too thin to deal with them properly on top of everything else. Sorry, bud. Wish I could do more for you." "It's alright, Harth. I didn't come all this way just to ask about Zelda, I'm also here to help deal with this blizzard." You replied.

"Though now that I think of it..." Harth said as he suggested, "maybe Tulin could help." You simply blinked in confusion as Harth chuckled to himself, "Oh, right. You weren't around for it, but... Little Tulin has developed a way with wings that puts the adults to shame. Even in this vicious weather, he patrols the skies and reports all kinds of useful information. His wind-gust technique is something to see. None of the rest of us can pull it off. Even stern Teba acknowledges that Tulin's skill is a cut above. The kid does preen about it more than he should, but... Well, it's worth asking him, at least."

You put a hand to your own chin as you spoke, "Alright, he could be of great help. Do you know where I can find him?" Harth responded, "Last I saw him, he was with Gesane and Laissa on a trip to find food. I think they were on their way to Hebra South Summit Cave. That's to the northeast from here. The cave is past the cliff out front and up the mountain road. There should be a bonfire marking the spot. Find the bonfire at the mouth of the cave, and you'll be on your way to finding Tulin."

"Alright. Thanks again, Harth." You said as you left the lodge and approached the ladder that led up the mountian.

After fending off a couple monsters and helping another Rito gather food for the village, you managed to make it to the cave, where the Rito Laissa explained that Tulin was deeper in the cave. Thanking her and removing some of the thorns in the way, you  carefully made your way through the cave until you came across some sort of monster that was hanging from the ceiling. Luckily it was dumb enough to get close enough to you so you could reach out with your sword and deal with it.

After even more climbing, you finally spotted another campfire with a nearby Rito looking over supplies while also mumbling to himself, "What are we going to do with that boy? It's just like him to fly off on his own and leave all the food we collected behind." "So he's not here." You said, "...great." The Rito jumped as he was alerted of your presence. "Well, I'll be! What is a Human doing all the way up here in such a fierce blizzard?"