Chapter 23 -÷- Clearing the Water = Epilogue

"Sidon, my cherished kin. You must take up my secret stone and honor the vow I made to the Sage of Time. Fight alongside the swordsman Link and human (Y/n)."

Ruora finished as light once again filled the area by holding out both of her hands.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The three opened their eyes as they were once again back in the Water Temple, with the secret stone still floating in front of Sidon, who remained silent. Link looked to Visru, who was looking further skyward. "It's my destiny to fight by your side." Sidon finally said, catching Link's attention, "I came here so that I could save Zora's Domain...but it looks like all of Hyrule will need my help! I'll do all I can. Just as my ancestor did. I will accept this secret stone!"

Sidon then held out his hand as the secret stone turned a crystal blue and engraved the symbol for water, signifying the bond. The stone then attached to his hand, creating an engraving on his glove for it to fit him. He then turned around as he called out, "I am the Sage of Water. Behold! This is my new power!" He then held his hand skyward as a bright spirit blue avatar of him came out in a watery shield, before breaking it and landing softly on the ground next to the Zora Prince.

Sidon then got down on one knee, catching Link's and Visru's attention as he said, "Here, Link! Your hand." Link slowly extended his hand to Sidon as he then gripped it in both of his, firmly shaking it as he said, "I, Sidon, the Sage of Water, swear that I will fight by your side. Please accept this. It is proof of my vow!" The avatar of Sidon then vanished into his secret stone as he began to glow with blue energy. Link watched silently as the energy faded into his arm as the two let go, and the energy created a ring on his index finger, turning a bright green with the symbol for water being engraved on it.

The avatar then came out and stood by Link's side as Sidon got back up. "With that ring, you'll always have my power with you!" Sidon said as Link elbowed Visru after hearing him snicker. Sidon didn't pay any mind to it as he said, "We're partnered up again! All right, let's head back home."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You groaned as you stretched before stepping outside the inn in Zora's Domain you'd woken up in. "Just be careful in future..." The Zora healer said as you replied, "I'll try to, but you never know in Hyrule these days." You then walked about the courtyard of the domain, looking at the statue of Link and Sidon from their escapade with Vah Ruta. You could then sense a rush of air as you turned your attention to the waters below the domain. What was once murky water was now fading to blue once again, and all the dirt and grime around the domain began to evaporate as the whole place soon returned to its pristine look. "I have a feeling I missed a lot..." You muttered as you looked about.

Soon, Link, Visru, and Sidon returned to the Domain, happy to see that you were now fully healed. They then explained what had happened while you were recovering, with all of you soon returning to the throne room to see King Dorephan healthy as ever. "Link! Visru! Sidon! Welcome back!" Yona said as she walked up to the three of them. King Dorephan chuckled as he said, "Link, Visru. Thanks to your courage, the inhabitants of Zora's Domain are safe once again. No words could express the depths of my gratitude. Thank you, heroes. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you."

The two appeared to take it all in stride as Dorephan turned to Sidon, "As for you, Sidon... Though Link and Visru certainly played a key role, your own efforts to save the domain were nothing short of magnificent. I have always believed in you, Sidon. Now, you have unequivocally proven your worthiness to bear the crown. That is why I shall joyously take this opportunity to pass the throne to you." You were in shock at what you'd just heard, as was Sidon. "Father... This is so sudden..." Sidon said, still in brief shock.