2-Sense

"Family technique?" Yoshi questioned, her voice filled with curiosity.

"Yes, our clan's main business centers around crafting cursed tools. Creating cursed tools is our secret family technique. We're not originally sorcerers, but we can embrace that path if we choose to, all while continuing our family trade," Yoshi's grandmother explained.

Although just a 4-year-old, Yoshi couldn't grasp most of what her grandmother said, yet she nodded in agreement.

A ninja suddenly materialized and knelt before them.

"Lady Kairi, the three major clans have sent representatives to offer their condolences."

"I will meet them. Take Yoshi to her room and send a maid to attend to her."

"Y-yes," the ninja replied, fear evident in his voice.

As Lady Kairi departed, the ninja stood behind Yoshi and softly assured her, "Young lady, please proceed. I'll guide you from behind and keep you safe."

"Okay," Yoshi agreed, her thoughts still consumed by her parents.

Soon, she found herself in her room, drifting into sleep. The bandage covering her eyes became bothersome, prompting her to remove it unconsciously during her slumber. She only awoke the following morning.

The maid assigned to Yoshi woke up early, rousing the rest of the servants to start their day and thinking about attending to the young lady.

Yoshi woke up early due to her lengthy rest. As the door to her room opened, she gazed upon the maid.

Upon locking eyes with the Yoshi, an excruciating scream escaped the maid, her body contorting in pain.

"AAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Ninjas swiftly arrived, and Lady Kairi rushed to Yoshi's room at the same time.

Confused, Yoshi turned her gaze towards one of the ninjas, puzzled by the sudden screams. The ninja, too, writhing in agony, his cries of pain echoing through the mansion. The other ninjas recoiled, and Lady Kairi's voice rang out as she reached Yoshi's room.

"Yoshi, close your eyes!"

Yoshi complied, her grandmother's urgency clear in her tone.

"Rest of you, remove the bodies, and don't return until I instruct you."

Ninjas moved the now motionless bodies from the scene.

Observing her granddaughter amidst the chaos, Lady Kairi couldn't help but think, 'Even in all of this, she remains unafraid, even in her confusion.'

"Yoshi, do you understand what just happened?"

"Yes. The maid and the ninja screamed when I looked at them. Grandma, am I scary?"

Yoshi's innocent question hung in the air. 'Right, she's still a child. I need to explain carefully,' Lady Kairi thought as she sat down beside Yoshi, retrieving the bandage with a talisman from the floor.

"Yoshi, you're not scary. You've inherited the eyes of our Shifuin clan. They're a special-grade cursed tool created by our ancestors. Your father used to possess them as the previous clan head. Now, you've inherited them from him."

"But I didn't scream when he looked at me."

"That's because it doesn't affect our family members. Outsiders will be hurt, though. Do you want to hurt anyone?"

"No. Yoshi won't hurt anyone unless they make me angry."

"Good girl. Now, don't remove the bandage, alright? If you don't like it sometimes, You can see me with your eyes."