12-Heavenly restriction

January 2004

Yoshi returned to Kyoto after a week as promised.

"I take it you never touched the books?"

"Yes, grandma " Yoshi answered looking down on the ground. She's ashamed that she failed her grandma but she feels it is worth it.

"Very well, Come with me"

Yoshi followed her Grandma and soon enough, they reached a room which has shelves filled with books. It's the first time for Yoshi to come here. Their mansion is just 3 stories tall but there are many rooms on each floor. Yoshi never bothered to explore as she liked the view from her room.

Kairi pointed towards a shelf and said "This shelf has all the books that cover all middle school studies. In my opinion, there are not many books here. As your punishment, you will be completing practicing and reading these books within two years. That's a lot of time but don't slack off"

"GrandMA!"

"Silence! This is an order. Before you ask why is it necessary. It's because Education is important. Before you reach the age of 10, you will be learning everything up to the level of a high school graduate."

Though Kairi said this was a punishment, Yoshi weirdly felt her grandma was behaving oddly as if this punishment was just a cover. It's not instinct either, she can sense the changes in her Grandma's cursed energy.

"You should work hard and learn everything you can. You will be skipping grades by acing your exams and should complete your elementary education within next year. After that, you will be homeschooled. Is that understood?"

Even though Yoshi wanted to protest, she remained silent. She knew arguing with her grandma now was useless.

"Yes, Grandma"

However, she didn't understand why and what was happening. Yoshi obeyed Kairi. She went to school as usual and after that, it was her regular jujutsu class with her grandma in their backyard of the mansion.

Kairi seeing that Yoshi was down sighed.

"Yoshi, look what I got here"

Seeing the two tickets with the logo of a barbeque place, Yoshi's eyes glowed with excitement.

"We can go to this barbeque restaurant after this class. Okay?"

"Thank you so much, grandma!!" Yoshi hugged Kairi who smiled in return. Kairi never liked barbeque places and even banned Yoshi from ever visiting one after her first try but Yoshi loved the food. So, this meant a lot for Yoshi.

"Okay, now go and bring ko-chan. Today's topic will be easily understood if you have it"

Yoshi brought her cat doll. Although she used to play with it a lot, she stopped playing with it now as she has a lot of work to do.

"Now then, today's topic will be the last but not the least non-innate technique anyone can do, Cursed corpses"

Kairi however is stopped by Yoshi before she can go further.

"Grandma, I want to ask you something"

"Go on"

"Yuji has little cursed energy, it's even less than Uncle Itadori's cursed energy. He can't see curses but he is abnormally stronger. Can normal humans make binding vows too?"

This peaqued Kairi's interest.

"It sounds like a heavenly restriction but they are absolutely severe. This sounds like a peculiar case"

"Heavenly restriction?"

"Heavenly restriction is a binding vow not made with the consent of a person but the heavens themselves, it is forced upon a person by birth taking something very expensive from that person and rewarding something greater. Well, I don't know if Heaven exists but there are cases of heavenly restrictions"