3-Fortune/Misfortune

By evening, No matter how hard she tried, she could not hold the doll. She gave up feeling frustrated but Kairi didn't allow her to leave until she picked up the doll.

However, Kairi on the other hand who came and observed Yoshi from time to time is amazed by Yoshi.

The 'doll' is a simple shikigami that has orders to repel small amounts of cursed energy channeled into it. Unless Yoshi channeled overwhelming amounts of cursed energy into it, the doll can't be touched.

Cursed energy is a volatile energy and is initially difficult to control, especially in Yoshi's case who has an immense amount of it constantly leaking from her body.

Yoshi can only channel a few threads of cursed energy in the morning but now, she's channeling a wide stream of it.

Kairi has to subtly change a few dolls with improved power because the dolls nearly got destroyed by Yoshi.

"Yoshi, that's enough for today. Look what I bought for you"

Kairi waved her hand as she was holding a really cute-looking cat doll which is not a shikigami in her hands and gave it to Yoshi. Yoshi feeling frustrated with the 'doll' immediately took the cat doll given to her by grandma.

"Now, Let's eat. You can play with the doll the whole night"

That night Yoshi slept holding her doll cat as she was mentally exhausted due to the training.

The next day morning, Yoshi stood in their courtyard with her cat doll in her hand, though she was not at all happy to be in this place.

"Grandma, I have Ko-chan. I don't want magic doll-chan"

Kairi looked amused "Oh? Have you already named it? Alright then, what if I can make Ko-chan run away from you?"

"Ko-chan is alive?"

Kairi didn't answer her but instead channeled her cursed energy into the Cat doll and chanted "Move, Ko-chan~"

The doll's tail twitched, the 'eyes' on the doll along with its face became more animal-like, and it jumped into Kairi's arms.

"Ko-chan!"

Yoshi tried to grab Ko-chan but he avoided her and climbed onto Kairi's shoulders which Yoshi couldn't reach. Yoshi looking at it immediately shouted, only now noticing the lump of cursed energy inside Ko-chan which she failed to notice yesterday.

"Grandma! Why do you take away all my dolls? Yoshi doesn't like you anymore"

Ko-chan climbed down as it purred on Kairi's arm.

"Now now~, who said I took him? Ko-chan came himself towards me. Now, if you want Ko-chan back, all you have to do is channel your cursed energy into him"

"Really?"

Yoshi whispered trying to channel her cursed energy into Ko-chan but due to her unstable emotions, she couldn't control her cursed energy properly. She remembered this feeling yesterday and knew what she had to do to properly control her cursed energy.

But controlling her emotions is not easy, especially as a 4-year-old child.

"I will leave Ko-chan here, if he doesn't go back to you by your lunch, I will take him back"

With that Kairi left the courtyard, leaving behind the cursed corpse Ko-chan who nimbly avoided Yoshi.

Yoshi took some time to control her emotions and by the time, Kairi came back she managed to channel her cursed energy into Ko-chan, taming the cursed corpse.

"Grandma, look! Ko-chan likes me now"

Yoshi smiled brightly as she showed off Ko-chan sleeping on her neck.