9-Perspective

The government department dealing with jujutsu society quickly sent a Grade 2 sorcerer to deal with the incident at Nitta's Residence. As it's not a threatening incident, the case has been closed quickly, the Grade 2 sorcerer exorcised the curse on Mr. Nitta and explained the situation more clearly to them, especially about their children's potential as sorcerers.

Yoshi is escorted back to her home. Just like her routine, after school,  Her grandma continued teaching about sorcery as usual.

Kairi asked about the situation that happened in Akari's house. Especially, the exorcism technique she used.

"So, did your technique work?"

"Yes, but it is a weak curse. So, it's not surprising"

"No, it's a cursed womb. There are many types of cursed spirits,  among them cursed wombs are a headache. They evolve quickly, gaining strength rapidly. It might be a weak curse but, it would have evolved into a higher grade"

When the topic of grade came out, Yoshi asked, what she always wanted to ask "Grandma, why are the curses and sorcerers divided into grades? If cursed wombs can increase in strength when a weak sorcerer tries to exorcise it. Doesn't it mean grading them is meaningless?"

"You have a point but Grading is there for us to evaluate the threat of the curse and the level of skill a sorcerer needs to exorcise it. For example, Grade 4 and Grade 3 curses are generally what most of us encounter in our lifetime. These may be weak for us but, for civilians, they a fatal. From Grade 2, the curses also gain intelligence, there are many cases where even strong Grade 3 curses show signs of intelligence. Not only are these strong but due to intelligence they can be fatal and let's not talk about Grade 1's. If they are left unchecked, many people will die"

Yoshi noticed that her grandma didn't speak about Special grade curses and asked "What about special grades grandma?"

Kairi laughed it off "Haha, the special grade curses are anomalies. They are natural disasters for sure. They have the potential to decimate cities but that kind of power rarely appears. How should I say this? In a sorcerer's lifetime, he/she will only encounter less than 3 special grades at most. Even that is an exaggeration"

Kairi decided to emphasize the rarity of special grades.

"Even on the sorcerer's side, there are only two sor-, No, they discovered a new sorcerer recently.  So, There are only 3 special-grade sorcerers at present. Compared to them, the rest of the sorcerers are Grade 1 and below in the whole world."

"So, the three special grade sorcerers rule the world, then what about the three great clans?"

Kairi thought about answering Yoshi carefully.

'She needs to understand the politics of sorcerers in the future anyway but is it really okay to teach now?'

Kairi hesitated to delve into the topics of politics for Yoshi to fully understand how the world of sorcerers works.

'No, I can't hesitate now. I already decided that she will not live like a normal child. So, it's too late to hesitate anyway'

"Yoshi, when your friend's dad is cursed. You called the govt. association right?"

"Yes"

"That Government Department that takes care of the supernatural side of Japan is where the higher-ups of jujutsu society are present. Under them, a department of workers does the job like managing the sorcerers and looking out for curses and curse users."

"You said three great clans rule the jujutsu society and what does this have to do with special grades?"

"The three great clans have influence over the higher-ups because those three clans produce sorcerers in every generation and have a squad of sorcerers like a personal military. However, Higher-ups in jujutsu society are still a separate body. Only those sorcerers who are grade 1 can become an influential figure or even become a political figure in government body related to jujutsu society"