16-Fate/Transition

2006

***Yoshi's P.O.V***

In the last two years, I went under a lot of training. It's painful, I never expected Grandma to be so strict and cruel but I can understand now.

"You are distracted, AGAIN!"

A glass gauntlet headed straight to my face but I dodged narrowly by bending back unnaturally.

Not giving time to my grandma, I threw away the Naginata which prolonged her surprise, and kicked her in the stomach reinforcing my legs with cursed energy. However, I found myself thrown towards the wall but I perfectly landed on the wall standing perpendicular to it.

"Is this all you have to show off?"

Grandma smirked at me. I guess, I have no choice. I leaped towards her in one go with the 'Boots of Hermes'.

She summoned a Halberd to attack me. So, I did the next best thing, as soon as I was in her range. A katana appeared in my hand and I cleaved through the middle of the halberd however, just before I was about to attack Grandma, She vanished but I could see clearly. She switched with a glass mannequin. My katana sliced through the mannequin.

Grandma disarmed me from the side, even if I could see. My small build and momentum made it too late for me to react.

"Impressive weapon. You should have gone for another weapon but the sharpness of this katana is remarkable. It's eas-, oh it can heal itself too? It's a perfect Grade 1 weapon. "

Seeing Grandma praise it as a Grade 1 is surprising. Grandma Loathes Katana for their ridiculous maintenance,  all weapons need maintenance but Katana's are over the top. Not to mention, always being surrounded by katanas also makes them boring. I share this sentiment with grandma but the craftsmanship used to forge this blade is so well done. I think it required an upgrade into a cursed tool.

"So, what do you think about the belt and Boots, Grandma?"

"Ah, I take it you made the belt to complement the shoe's ability? They are fine. The balancing belt is a Grade 4, and the shoes can be Grade 2 though. However, what I'm especially interested in is this dress. How did you manage to imbue with an extra-dimensional storage type cursed technique?"

I can understand her enthusiasm. Even if our clan's technique can imbue cursed techniques of our choice into tools. Imbuing a storage type is especially difficult. But it's not impossible.

"It's not extra-dimensional storage grandma, it's hiding the cursed tool. It's similar to storing but not exactly it. This dress can 'hide' up to 10 cursed tools in it "

"I'm proud of you Yoshi. These 4 cursed tools are amazing on their own. But, it looks like this is it for this year"

It's tragic, I can't make any cursed tools as I used up all my chances. I can only wait till next year. I should somehow overcome that stupid Binding vow.

Looking at the ring on my hand, I shouldn't have made it. A ring is a cursed tool that acts like a battery, it stores all my cursed energy and if my own cursed energy ever ran out. I can use it to recharge my cursed energy instantly and the cursed energy inside the ring will be drained. When I'm free, I can refill it to use it again in the future. Kinda useless considering I have a lot of cursed energy but it can come into a clutch.

Dress, Ring, Shoes, Belt, Katana and Naginata.

"I can still make a special grade cursed tool but I need your help, Grandma"

"Oh? A special grade cursed tool? Do you have ideas?"

"Yes, a shield that can nullify all damage"

"An invincible shield? It's not a bad idea but where are you getting these ideas? I feel like there's a theme going on"