8-Cursed

*Ring*

The school bell rang, and all the first graders excitedly left the class. Yoshi left the class along with her one and only friend in class.

"Akari, come with me. We can go and eat at my favorite restaurant"  Yoshi shouted with excitement as she wanted to eat with her friend.

Akari sees Yoshi climbing into the luxurious car while she's speaking, with nervousness, she is about to decline.

"If you are going to decline, at least promise me that we can go there this Sunday. Okay?"

This surprised Akari but still " Sh-"

Yoshi blushed as she stopped Akari from calling her by her family name "It's Yoshi! Don't call me by my family name."

"Yoshi, I can't come today, dad isn't feeling well these days, I should take care of my brother. But, I will try this Sunday"

Yoshi understood her circumstances and said "Okay, then. Since you should take care of your brother. I won't force you. Bye bye. Remember, you are still coming this Sunday"

"O-Okay" Akari nervously replied.

Inside the car, the driver looked through the rearview mirror and saw Yoshi close the door. He asked, "Young lady, where should I go now?"

Without any hesitation, Yoshi exclaimed in excitement

"Of course, I'm still going to Dominos! "

Akari seeing the rolls Royce leaving looked around the surrounding kids forming groups as they were waiting, she felt nervous. She's alone once again, she waited for her mother to come and soon enough, her mother picked her up in a modest car.

While driving back home, Akari asked "Mom, Yoshi invited me to a restaurant this Sunday. Can I go?"

Akari's mother, Mrs. Nitta didn't mind as Yoshi is the first and only friend of Akari.  "Oh, sure but remind me that day, and I will give you extra pocket money. Also, I want to meet her again, bring her to our home when Dad gets better"

The Nitta's aren't rich but they are upper middle class family that lives comfortably. Wanting to give the best education to Araki, They enrolled her in a high-class private school where all rich kids are present but since all the other kids are wealthier than them, Akari couldn't fit in well with the other kids who grew up in super luxury. So, she never made friends until she met Yoshi. Yoshi quickly became close friends with Akari.

At least, that's what Mr and Mrs Nitta believed.

Seeing Akari being down and nervous, Mrs. Nitta asked "Is it still about the 'monster' on your father's stomach? As I said, He's just having a Flu and it's not serious for now. He will be alright"

*Honk*

"Yoshi called them curses" Akari murmured as the car in front of her honked.

"What were you saying just now?" Mrs. Nitta asked as she heard her daughter say something when she heard a honk from the car in front of her.

"N-Nothing" Akari replied as she knew how ridiculous that would sound. Looking outside the car, she could occasionally see and hear the curses murmuring and haunting people.

'Those curses are the reason she became friends with me..'

She can remember it clearly.

When Akari was in kindergarten, she used to talk about ghosts and monsters she saw all the time. But, adults dismissed her and the kids around her listened to her first but soon lost interest in it as they could not see them and called her weird.