Platform 9 3/4

September first had rolled around, and it was time for students to catch the train to Hogwarts. The Montclair family were making their way to Platform 9 3/4.

"Show your brother how to go through, Henry," Mrs. Montclair said.

The oldest brother, Henry, walked in front of a brick wall and motioned for his younger brother, Oliver, to come over to him. Oliver walked over and stood right beside his eldest brother.

"This might seem a little scary, but what you need to do is run full force into that wall," Henry said.

Oliver shot him a dumbfounded look. "You're joking, right?"

"Dead serious," Henry said with a mischievous smile.

Oliver looked over at his mother to see if Henry was telling the truth.

"Well, I wouldn't necessarily run through it, but you do need to go through it, sweetheart," she said.

"And how am I supposed to go through a brick wall?" Oliver said, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Like this!" Henry yelled, running at full speed towards the wall.

Oliver expected him to collide with the wall and make a complete fool of himself, but to his shock, Henry went right through it. Oliver's jaw practically dropped to the ground. "Woah!" he exclaimed in absolute amazement. "How the bloody hell did he do that?"

"Language, young man!" his mother nagged. "I told you, just walk right on through."

Oliver started walking towards the wall, not brave enough to run like his brother did moments ago. Oliver expected to hit his head on the wall, but ended up in an entire new place on the other side.

Oliver stands on the other side of the wall, his eyes wide with shock as he takes in everything around him. The Hogwarts Express looms majestically right in front of him, with steam billowing and families getting ready to board.

"Wow... This is freaky," Oliver says.

Just as he's about to walk towards the train, a hand grabs his shoulder. His mother had come through as well.

"I will never get used to that," she says, taking a deep breath.

She guides him over to the train. "Alright, honey, let's get you all set up," she says. They board the train and find an empty compartment. Mrs. Montclair helps Oliver arrange all his belongings and settle in.

"Alright, honey, this is where we say goodbye." She leans in to hug Oliver and gives him multiple kisses on the head.

"Mom, stop! You're embarrassing me," Oliver protests.

"Oh, quit it, Ollie. Everyone has a mother," she said with a frown.

"Remember to make friends, get good grades, write to me often, and I'm sure Henry will look out for you," she said, beginning to leave the compartment. She quickly turned back and gave Oliver one last hug."I'll miss you, my sweet boy."

"Mom," Oliver says in embarrassment.

"Ok, ok, I'm leaving," she says, walking out the door. "Have a good term, sweetie," she yells, exiting the train.

"Finally, some peace and quiet," Oliver thought to himself. About 5 minutes went by, and someone knocked on the door to Oliver's compartment.

"Uh, come in," Oliver says.

The door opens, and a tall, red-haired kid with freckles is standing in the doorway.

"Sorry to bother you, but all the other compartments are filled up. Would you mind if we joined you?" he asked.

"I guess not," Oliver says, leaning back.

The red-haired kid came and sat down across from Oliver, followed by a shorter kid with messed-up brown hair and big circular glasses.

"Thanks, I'm Ron Weasley," he said, offering his hand for a handshake.

"Oliver Montclair," he said, shaking Ron's hand.

Oliver turned toward the kid with the big glasses. "What's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Harry Potter."