The Quidditch Match

Oliver, Ron, and Hermione were sitting in the stands, cheering Harry on during his first Quidditch game. However, his team was not doing so well. Gryffindor was facing Slytherin and was down by sixty points. It didn't help that they were obviously cheating, but the ref didn't do anything about it.

"Come on, Harry, you've got this!" Oliver shouted, encouragingly.

Hermione, sitting between Ron and Oliver, pulled out a bag of candy.

"Are those Acid Pops?" Oliver inquired.

"Yup," Hermione said, dumping a few into her hand. "Want one?"

"Of course," Oliver said, reaching into her palm and taking two.

Oliver popped them into his mouth and immediately regretted it. The pops were so sour that they felt like they were burning a hole right through his tongue.

"Thanks, Hermione," Oliver mumbled, doing his best not to move his tongue.

Hermione laughed at the sour faces Oliver was making. "It's best to only take a little bite at a time. I can't believe you shoved two in your mouth," she said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"This is nothing," Oliver said, attempting to conceal his discomfort and avoid making a sour face. However, the intensity of the sourness proved too much for him to handle, causing him to spit them out unintentionally. Regrettably, they landed in the hair of a girl sitting in front of him.

"Hey!" she yelled, clearly disgusted.

"Sorry about that," Oliver quickly apologized, feeling embarrassed about his unintentional blunder.

"What's got you two all chummy all of a sudden?" Ron asked them.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked, puzzled.

"This is the most civil you guys have ever been. Usually, you two are at each other's throats," Ron explained.

Oliver couldn't resist injecting a sarcastic tone. "Don't worry, Ron. I still hate her more than anyone," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Hermione couldn't help but wear a smile. "Me too," she replied, her tone matching Oliver's sarcastic remark.

"Weirdos," Ron said, turning back towards the game to watch Harry.

Suddenly, Harry began to swing all over the place. He swung up and down and side to side.

"What's Harry doing? Did he lose control of his broom?" Oliver asked, alarmed.

Hermione quickly grabbed her binoculars and focused on Harry. She then glanced towards the stands just past him, where she could see Snape, his mouth moving as he muttered something. "It's Snape! He's cursing Harry's broomstick," Hermione exclaimed, her voice filled with realization and concern.

Suddenly, Harry fell off his broom and was barely hanging on.

"What do we do?" Ron asked in panic.

"Leave it to me," Hermione said confidently. She began making her way to the other side where Snape was sitting. Oliver grabbed her binoculars and watched Harry closely. A few minutes passed, and nothing happened.

"Hermione, if you're going to do something, you better do it now," Oliver muttered under his breath.

The Weasley twins had been helping Harry try to get back on his broom but realized it was cursed. So, they flew underneath him, ready to catch him if he fell.

Unexpectedly, a fire broke out right at Snape's feet, distracting him and allowing Harry to get back on his broom.

"Brilliant, Hermione is," Ron said.

"Yeah, she definitely has her uses," Oliver replied.

Hermione made her way back over towards Oliver.

"Good one," Oliver said, putting his hand out for a high five.

"Thanks," she said, giving him that high five. "That should hopefully buy Harry enough time to complete the game."

Harry went on to catch the snitch in a very unconventional way. He fell off his broomstick and accidentally swallowed the snitch, then threw it back up.

"Yes, I knew you could do it, Harry!" Oliver cheered as the Gryffindor team came down to celebrate with him. "That's my best friend! Woohoo!"