The Trap Door

Oliver and Harry barely slept through the night, the image of the hooded figure haunting them. The night went by painfully slow, and morning had arrived. Oliver sat up as his alarm clock went off, while Harry was already up, looking out the window at the sunrise.

"Did you get any sleep?" Oliver asked.

"Absolutely none," Harry replied.

"Same here," Oliver said, getting out of bed like a total zombie.

Oliver and Harry made their way down to the common room, where Ron and Hermione were sitting by the fireplace.

"Ron, what happened to you last night?" Oliver asked curiously.

"Draco and I kept fighting in the forest, so Hagrid told both of us to just go back and go to bed. Hermione was just telling me what you guys saw yesterday. It's freaky," Ron explained.

"Did you know that creepy horse guy, Harry?" Oliver asked.

"He's a centaur and no, I didn't. However, he knew me. He told me we're all in great danger and that figure was Voldemort," Harry replied.

Both Ron and Hermione flinched at the mention of his name.

"That was the thing that attacked you?" Oliver said, surprised. "I take back what I said when we first met. That's not lame at all."

"What do we do now?" Hermione asked.

"If he's here on school grounds, that must mean Snape is going to take the Sorcerer's Stone soon. We need to get to it first. We're going down that trap door tonight," Harry proclaimed.

The four of them all nodded in agreement. Tonight was the night they would finally stop Snape.

They went about their day as normally as could be expected. Hermione still acted like she knew more than the teachers, and Oliver tried to catch as much sleep as possible during classes. Snape made that as hard as possible by smacking him in the back of the head with a book every time he dozed off.

Later that night, during dinner, the four kids were in the Great Hall. Oliver and Hermione were watching Harry and Ron play wizard's chess. Ron had moved his piece up and it came to life, destroying Harry's piece.

"That's barbaric," Hermione said.

"It's wizard's chess," Ron said proudly.

"So you never did tell us how we're supposed to get past the three-headed dog, Harry," Oliver said.

This was the first time any of them had mentioned their plan since early that morning.

"We'll just have to slip past it in the invisibility cloak," Harry said, concentrating on the chess game.

"The WHAT cloak?" Oliver asked, dumbfounded.

"The invisibility cloak," Ron repeated, moving his pawn.

Oliver turned to Hermione. "Is he serious?"

"Quite," Hermione said, giggling.

"How much did I miss over Christmas break?" Oliver asked out loud.

Hermione couldn't contain her giggles next to Oliver.

"What's so funny?" Oliver asked, somewhat annoyed.

"You're adorable when you're confused," Hermione said, smiling.

Oliver's stomach turned into knots, and his face turned red.

"Well... I... Uh..." Oliver tried to speak, but no words would come out.

"Checkmate!" Ron yelled out.