The Common Room

"This way, please everyone, keep up," Percy Weasley ordered as he led all the Gryffindors to their common room. They finally arrived at the common room.

Oliver looked around in amazement. He had never seen a room so cozy in his life.

"Alright, boys' dormitory is upstairs on the left, and girls' dormitory is upstairs on the right. You'll find all your belongings have already been brought up."

The boys began going left as all the girls began going right. Oliver was just happy that he could finally get away from Hermione. He had had a long and stressful day, so he was ready for some sleep.

Oliver picked his bed in the dormitory and immediately fell asleep.

A few hours later, Oliver woke up in the middle of the night and saw Harry sitting by the window, gazing out at the moonlight. Rubbing his eyes as he got out of bed, Oliver approached Harry.

"Hey, Harry, what's up?" Oliver asked.

Harry turned around, a little startled. "Oh, hey Oliver," he replied with a hint of joy in his voice. "I couldn't sleep, so I came here to admire the moonlight."

Oliver sat down next to Harry. "This place is definitely something, huh?" he asked Harry.

Harry turned towards Oliver with a look of pure joy on his face. "I love it," he said.

"I haven't decided yet," Oliver said. "This place is pretty weird, and I kinda miss going to a normal school. I did meet you and Ron, though, so that's a plus. I was never really good at making friends."

"Don't forget about Hermione," Harry teased.

"Ugh," Oliver groaned. "I wish I could. That girl is a mental case."

"Well, I like her," Harry said.

"Of course you would, Harry. You seem like the quiet type who likes everyone."

Harry chuckled at that statement.

"Trust me, I don't like everyone. There are a few people I despise, such as the muggles who raised me," Harry stated bluntly.

"Hermione seems brilliant, though," Harry continued. "Very knowledgeable. Hopefully, she can teach me about this wizarding world."

"Alright, buddy," Oliver said, patting Harry on the shoulder. "Good luck with that."

Oliver got back in bed and drifted back off to sleep.