The Puzzles

Thump!

Oliver crashed down into the darkness with Hermione landing on top of him. Despite the surprisingly soft landing, Oliver still had the wind knocked out of him.

"Are you okay?" Hermione shouted in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Oliver said while coughing.

Hermione started slapping Oliver's chest out of frustration. "Don't ever do that again," she said angrily. "You could have died if it weren't for these plant things."

"Sorry, I guess I can't help but play the hero," Oliver said sarcastically while sitting up and lightly pushing Hermione off of him. "What is this stuff, anyway?"

"Uh, guys," Ron cried out.

The plants suddenly wrapped themselves around Ron and Harry's legs. Soon after, they wrapped themselves around Oliver and Hermione.

"Oh no, this is Devil's Snare!" Hermione cried out.

"Well, what can we do to stop it from eating us?" Oliver asked, sinking further into the plant.

"Uhh... we learned this in class. Whenever you run into Devil's Snare, you have to, um... uhh..." Hermione thought out loud.

"Do something!" Harry choked, the Devil's Snare starting to wrap around his throat.

"I'm trying my best!" Hermione shouted in response.

"Hermione, look at me," Oliver said.

Hermione opened her eyes and looked at Oliver, fear taking over her face.

"Take a breath and think," Oliver said calmly. "If anyone can get us out of this mess, it's you."

Oliver's words really encouraged Hermione and gave her a new sense of confidence. "Right, ok, umm...." Hermione sat in silence for about 10 seconds before taking out her wand and shouting "Lumos!"

A big beam of light shone from her wand. The Devil's Snare must not like light because it immediately let go of Hermione, and she fell right through. Oliver grabbed his wand and repeated what Hermione did.

"Lumos!" Oliver shouted. The plant immediately let go of him, and he fell through as well.

"See, I told you you're brilliant, Hermione," Oliver said.

"Thanks," Hermione said, wearing a smile on her face.

Harry and Ron fell through soon after.

Ron dusted himself off and said, "Lucky that you actually pay attention in Herbology."

The sound of wings filled the air around them.

"Uh, what is that?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know," Hermione responded.

"It sounds like wings," Harry said.

They all entered the next room and saw what looked like a thousand birds flying around.

"Are those... birds?" Oliver asked.

"I think they're keys," Ron replied.

"I'd bet one of them fits that door," Harry said as they walked further into the room.

Oliver noticed a lock on the door in front of them. He took out his wand and approached it. "Alohomora!" Oliver said.

The lock didn't budge.

"Oh, come on, it only works when Hermione does it, huh?" Oliver said in frustration.

"Uhh! What are we going to do?" Hermione asked, also frustrated.