Chapter 14: The Past: Tora's story pt.1

It's been a few days since Tora left her home, sadden and worried about leaving her four children alone without an adult supervision, but she has to keep her head up and think on the positive side, after all she did teach them how to raise themselves when something like this happens and this is the time to test them for real.

She soon arrived at her friend's house, a gentle smile formed on her soft lips, remembering how she used to live at her friend's house since they were children; the sleepovers, tea parties, birthdays, oh how she cherish those moments together

She knocked on her door as she patiently waited, not soon for long the door swung open, there stood Kuro, her childhood friend, Tora didn't get a good look at her as her friend dragged her in the house, setting her belongings aside Kuro rushed her causing Tora to almost loose her footing in every step of the floors until Kuro stopped at the guest bedroom, Kuro looked at Tora, both out of breath for a second.

Tora: "Is it one of your ex problems?"

Kuro: "No nothing like that, not anymore."

Tora: "An injured or ill stranger?"

Kuro: "Yes but no......I.....well....I don't know it just seems...."

Kuro stopped as she was trying to form words to explain the situation to Tora, unsure what her friend will act once she reveals what's behind the sliding door from a mysterious stranger.

Tora: "Seems what?"

Kuro: "Can I trust you, for you not to freak out or anything, this has to stay between us."

Tora seemed confused why her friend was acting strange, she probably thought that the mysterious guest is not pleasing to the eye of the public, Tora knows that she never judged anyone on appearance.

Tora placed a reassuring hand on Kuro's shoulder while looking at her with a gentle face.

Tora: "Kuro if this is about this guest's appearance that is not pleasing, I won't judge, we'll both treat any guest with compassion and kindness."

Kuro: "I know that but that's not how it is, it's far more than that."

Just as Tora was about to ask what Kuro meant, her friend opened the sliding doors which made Tora's eyes widen.

There what revealed was a creature, no a turtle, there, laid on the bed resting, head wrapped in bandage.

Tora: 'A mutant?!...'

Tora stayed silent for a moment before switching to a calm demeanor as she pretends to know nothing of this.

(A/N: Le art by me 😙👌🎨)

Tora looked at Kuro in a hushed whisper.

Tora: "Kuro, where did you find this injured Kappa?"

Kuro: "I found the creature washed up from the river where I was cleaning the laundry."

.....

....

...

Kuro: "Oh shit, the laundry!"

Kuro dashed away and out of the house. Tora only slowly shook her head but smiled after.

Tora: 'She hasn't changed a bit at all.'

Tora turned her head to look at the Yōkai creature as she got close to the rested figure, kneeling down observing the turtle's features.

Tora: 'I thought my sons were the only mutant turtles but now, seeing this situation.....I don't know if there is a possibility that there's more of them out......... somewhere.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of the gentle chirps from beautiful birds sings in the background of the skies, the sound of the soft winds gives a light breeze of fresh autumn, the lightest shade of faint gray covers the sun cooling the beam of light from releasing any heat.

All types of trees, the flowers and the grass synced in slow movements from the winds commands.

Meanwhile in the guest bedroom laid the unconscious mutant turtle as he opened his eyes, blinking for a few moments as he started adjusting to the surroundings around him confused to what he woke up to.

He heard the sliding door open he saw a curled hair young woman enter.

Tora: "Looks like the sleeping beauty has woken up, how are you feeling now?"

Tora smiled a bit trying to make the atmosphere lighten, the turtle just stared at her for a bit before as he looked down at his hands.

???: "Where.....am I...?"

Tora looked at the male turtle for a second before she answers.

Tora: "Your in a guest room to recover from your injuries."

???: "Injuries?"

The turtle let out a hiss when she touched his bandage head making her hand flinch away.

Tora: "Seems you had a really nasty fall or something, do you remember what happened?"

The turtle looked away from her as he tried to remember but all he could remember was his name nothing else, everything seems to be a blur.

???: "I'm sorry....the only thing I can remember is my name."

Tora: "What is your name of I may ask?."

???: "Straden."

Tora: "Straden huh, no last name?"

Straden: "Yea, just Straden I think."

Tora smiled at him as she held her hand.

Tora: "My names Tora, nice to meet you Straden."

Straden stared at her hand questioning what she was trying to do in which Tora responded with a giggle.

Tora grabbed his hand as she shook it for him and let go for a second.

Straden looked at his hand where she touched as he looked back at her.

Straden: "What was that, that you did?"

Tora: "A handshake, we use that to greet people."

Straden: "Oh."

He soon smiled liking how it felt about this greeting formality he looked at her and let out a small smile.

Tora: "I see you are very lost but don't worry I'll teach and help you gain your memories back."

She said as she lends her hand for Straden to take as she stood up.

He looked at her hand, then back at her face as be lend his hand to hers as well which was a sign Straden accepted soon he was pulled away from the guest room following Tora.

Tora: "Great let's get started while we can, hopefully we can become friends along the way, even Kuro as well, I'm sure the three of us will get along just fine."

Straden didn't say anything as he could only stare at Tora, staring at her as the room changed to this sparkling soft pink atmosphere around her, he could tell if he is happy that he already made a friend or something else, maybe admiring her, who knows but deep down what he didn't know was his heart beating faintly.