Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4
| Taste Of His Own Medicine |
______________________________

• Eunha •

Just when I thought Minhyuk won't come back again, Sona rushed to my work table and told me she saw him outside.

"What are you doing to him?" She asked.

"What am I doing?" I asked, checking my phone and noticed the unread text messages.

"Ya, Eunha, you know what you're doing, right? Are you really gonna do this just because of the past?"

I looked at her, "I just want him to taste his own medicine." I said and then I sent a reply to Minhyuk saying I'll be free in a few minutes.

Sona shook her head, "I don't agree with this." she said and walked back to her work table.

I sighed and went to drink a coffee before meeting Minhyuk again.

I saw him leaning against the wall outside the building. I let out another sigh again before approaching him.

My smile was ready when he looked at me. "Hi! I thought you wouldn't come here again after what happened yesterday."

He chuckled. "I will always come back." He said. "Oh, by the way, I brought you lunch!" He lifted a black lunch bag up.

"Woah, good. I haven't eaten. Thank you!"

He smiled. "You will like it."

"Did you cook it?" I asked while we were walking towards the cafeteria.

He nodded smiling coyly.

"I didn't know you can cook!" I said before I could even shut my mouth.

My heart pumped a little stronger when he meets my eyes. "How will you know? We just knew each other." He said still smiling.

I was relieved. "Right."

He took out the containers one by one. "I prepared for two." He said.

"It smells good!" I said when he opened them.

He smiles. "Pasta carbonara."

"Woah... this will be my first time to eat this, but I heard it's good!" I said. It's true because all I know about Italian cuisine is Spaghetti with tomato sauceㅡand pizza.

I took my chopsticks and tasted it. My eyes automatically closed. "Omoooo!"

Minhyuk chuckled happily. "Did you like it?"

I nodded quickly. "You're good! How did you learn to cook?" I asked, still chewing.

"I lived separately from my parents when I started college, so I had to learn everything including cooking."

My eyes widened. "Lived separately? Why?"

He shrugged. "I just wanted to be independent. Isn't that what most college students do?"

"Oh... yeah."

"What about you? Do you know how to cook?" He asked and I almost choked on my pasta. He quickly gave me a bottle of water.

"M-me? Well, I don't... but I can bake. I'm only good in sweets." I answered.

He smiled. "That's not bad. How about this? I cook for you and you bake for me?"

In the name of food, "Sure! Why not?"

"That's the deal, then."

"Wait, do you like sweets?" I asked worriedly, suddenly remembering a bad memory.

"Of course, any kind of sweets is fine."

Slowly, I was losing my appetite but I kept on putting the pasta inside my mouth. I lost energy to talk to him.

I was quiet until lunch finishes, which he noticed. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

I just shook my head.

"Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head again. "Just... I got a sudden headache. I'm sorry."

"Should we get you a medicine?"

"No, I have one in the office."

He nodded. "Will you be okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you for the lunch. It was really good."

He smiles, "Anything for you." he said and pinched my cheek.

I forced a smile and breathed deeply once he left.

• •

I was typing really fast on the keyboard while I'm writing my next book. I just have a lot of thoughts and ideas in my mind and I can't let them all go away.

"Woah, slow down, writer." Sona said when she caught a glance of what I was doing.

She sat next to me when I ignored her. "New story?" she asked.

I just nodded.

"Inspired by Minhyuk?"

My hands stopped, I turned to her and glared. "What do you mean?"

"What if you want to get even with him because you still have feelings for him?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and saved my work. "That's ridiculous, Sona!"

"Then if you don't have any feelings left, don't get yourself into this anymore. What if you fall for him again?"

I sighed. "I won't. I know him and I won't do the same mistake again."

"But you're doing another kind of mistake."

I just shook my head and walked out of the room to the kitchen. She even followed me there.

"What will you do?" She asked.

"I'm gonna... bake some cupcakes."

"For him?"

I faced her and said, "Stop tryna guess."

She smirked. "I guess my guesses are right."

"Sona!"

"Okay, fine. I'm just telling you as your friend that you should stop this before both of you get hurt."

"I won't get hurt."

"Don't be so certain." She said before leaving me in the kitchen.

I sighed and did everything with force. Sona could drive me crazy sometimes.