Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9
| No |
______________

• Minhyuk •

"Did you do what I told you?" I asked Sungjae who was so occupied looking at the college year book.

"Yes, pink roses petals and pink and white balloons, Hyunsik and Peniel are coming to pick them up." He replied without glancing at me.

"What about the-"

"The big teddy bear? Changsub hyung is taking care of it."

"And the-"

"The letters with Will you be my girlfriend? Sit down, will you? Ilhoon and Eunkwang are finishing it."

"Good." I said and took a deep breath.

"You're not a high-schooler anymore. Why would you make this kind of proposal? You could just ask her right away. Seems like she likes you anyway."

I hit his head lightly. "You'll understand once you fall in love."

He bursted out laughing. "I can't believe you are saying that. Ya, do you think you deserve to fall in love when you broke so many hearts already?"

"That's all in the past."

"Do you remember Yoon Jin Ra? Jeez, I remember her begging me to help her out with you."

"Stop it."

"What about that fat girl in college? Dude, I think you hurt her the most. You got no mercy back then, you even shamed her in front of everyone." He said, still laughing.

"Who?"

"That fat girl who always helped you with every school activities and ended up confessing to you on Valentine's Day. I can still remember her facial expression when you broke that heart shaped chocolate back then." He said chuckling.

"I don't even remember her face anymore. What was her name again?"

"Wait, I'll look into it."

That's when Eunkwang and Ilhoon came with their finished work. I smiled and thanked them.

"This is so childish. Would an adult propose like this?" Ilhoon asked.

Eunkwang laughed. "I would!"

Ilhoon frowned and left him with the banner after muttering, "Why am I friends with you guys?"

"Okay, let's go, everyone! Let's just meet the others there." I said trying to cheer up.

"WaitㅡI found the name of the fat girl!" Sungjae said, still holding the year book.

"Save it for later." I said and grabbed him into the car.

"What time does she go out?" Changsub asked when we met in front of Eunha's workplace.

"At five."

I breathed in and out before turning to him. "Do you think she will say yes?"

Changsub chuckled. "Just think of how she took care of you when you got sick."

A smile crept on my face as I looked at the building. I kept on glancing at my wrist watch. My hands were getting clammy already.

I can do this.

My heart palpitated when I saw her coming out of the building, laughing with her friend. She's radiant like the sun.

My friends knew what to do. They quickly gave me the balloons and the big stuffed toy, then they held the banner altogether. I smiled at their cooperation.

Eunha's friend poked her shoulder to get her attention to me. People around are looking and the next thing I know... some of them have stopped to watch what was happening.

I felt even more nervous, but I have a feeling that Eunha feels the same way about me.

She was so surprised when she saw me. Her eyes widened, and I thought... I really got her by surprise. I could only think of good thoughts so I could find enough courage.

I feel like my heart stops everytime I would take a step forward to her.

"Minhyukie..." She called.

I smiled at her. "Eunha-ssi, I know it may seem quite fast and I know this kind of proposal is kinda childish, but I couldn't think of any other way to propose to you, to give you the real idea of romance. I am never going to be the most perfect guy in the world. I'm lacking a lot of things, but... can you be that someone who will complete me? Jang Eunha, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked nervously, as I offer the big stuffed toy to her. It's a big pink teddy bear that holds a heartㅡmy heart. As damn cheesy as that. I could be the cheesiest guy in the world if that meant making her happy.

For a moment, I think the world has kept quiet waiting for her answer with me. I stared at her, studying her expressions that made me more nervous.

Shock, sadness, hesitation... and a lot more emotions that didn't seem good were painted on her face.

"I-Is there something wrong?" I asked.

She just shook her head without a word. Like she wanted to speak but she couldn't.

I still forced a smile. "Were you too surprised? I-it's okay. I can wait until you say yes..."

"No, Minhyuk..."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

A tear slowly fell from her eye. "No." She repeated, and then she walked away.

I guess my brain didn't process her words quickly because I stood there for a moment before running after her.

I could see the disappointment on my friends' faces and other people as I run. I grabbed her hand and turned her around to face me. "Why not?" I asked.

"Let me go!" She said yanking her arm away from me before walking again.

"Eunha, did I do something wrong? Why not? Can't you... at least, tell me the reason?"

I was surprised by the sudden pain my heart was feeling at that moment. I was so confused.

What did I do for her to act like this?

I have too many questions in my head when she turned to me and asked, "Do you really wanna know?"

--

A/N:

How are my chapters in this ff so short? Haha! I hope you are still enjoying it though

And btw, lol. I don't think a college university year book exists in real life. I'm sorry </3 Hahaha