Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5
| Heads or Tails |
___________________

• Eunha •

Minhyuk liked the cupcakes I baked for him, or at least, that's what he told me. He came again and cooked lunch for me. I'm afraid that I enjoy his company and I admire his cooking skill a lot more than I want to.

On the weekend, he invited me to go bowling. I agreed although I haven't even tried it before. I have no idea, aside from the fact that I have to launch the ball.

I hesitated to do it so he came to me. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm not sure about this."

He smiled and went behind me. "You don't always have to be sure about some things, Eunha. Just launch the ball and see the outcome." He said. I could feel his breath against my neck and it sent shiver throughout my body. Geez, why is he so close?

Electric current. I felt that when he held my hand and taught me how to do it well. He was so close, it's almost suffocating me.

I actually couldn't listen to him half of the time and just stared at his handsome face.

I was dumbfounded when I launched the ball, with the help of his hand, and hit it all.

A huge smile of astonishment crept on my face. "That was awesome!" I said turning my face to him, but that's a wrong move because I forgot how close he was.

One wrong move and I'll get to taste those lips. I shook my head and calmly pulled myself away from him.

"You're so good in bowling!" I awkwardly said while getting a drink.

He smiled confidently. "There are still a lot of things you don't know about me."

"It's okay. We have plenty of time to know each other..." I looked at him in the eyes. "Right?"

He nodded. "How about playing a game?"

"Depends on what game."

So, he brought me to a nice restaurant. It isn't that elegant but a lot of people, mostly teenagers are there.

He took out a coin after we ordered what we want to eat for lunch.

"Heads or tails?" He asked.

"Uh... tails?"

"So, if it's tails, I ask you a question and you answer truthfully, okay? I'll do the same if it's heads."

I nodded. "Okay."

When our order arrived, he tossed the coin in the air and it fell back to his palm. "Tails." He says smiling.

"Uh, did you cheat?" I asked smiling.

He pouted and stared at me for a while. I stared at the food instead, I was uncomfortable... somehow.

"I'll go easy with you for now. You said you write fiction, right? What genre do you write?" He asked.

"Romance." I replied while tasting the appetizer.

His eyes filled with amusement. "So you've been in love?" He asked.

"One question at a time." I said smirking.

He smiled and tossed the coin again. "Tails, again."

"That's not fair!"

"So, have you ever been in love?"

I took a deep breath and looked at him in the eyes. "Once."

"When?"

"When I was in college."

He nodded. "College love, huh? The guy must be stupid to let you go."

I chuckled humorlessly.. "You think so?"

"Yeah, any guy would be lucky to have you."

"I bet you wouldn't think like that if you met me in college."

He gave me a confused look, but I just shrugged it off.

"Heads." He said later.

"Have you always been like this?"

"Like what?"

"Sweet, gentleman..."

He grinned. "I'll be honest with you, you would push me away if you met me some years ago. I wasn't so nice in high school and college."

He tossed the coin again. "Heads."

"Have you ever hurt anyone?"

He must be thinking of how I make stupid questions right now.

But... how can't he remember me? Was I that unremarkable?

He took a few seconds before answering. "Hurt? Well, that can't be helped since I told you I wasn't so nice when I was younger. I guess so, but if I would meet the people I've hurt back then, I'd like to apologize. I was just... so immature back then."

I forced a smile, but my heart hurts. I told him I'd like to go home after dinner.

Apologize?

Would he apologize to me if I made him remember who I am?

I snorted. How could he apologize when he can't even remember the people he had cause a lot of pain?

"Thank you for letting me get to know you more." He said planting a quick kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes and bit the bottom of my lip when I felt his lips touched my skin.

"Thank you, too. G-good night."

He smiled, and if I didn't know him back then, I would think that he is so beautiful.

"See you tomorrow. Good night."