Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10
| Who I Am |
_______________

• Eunha •

The day I didn't want to come is here. The day I should end whatever it is between me and Minhyuk. God knows how happy and scared I was when I saw him outside, looking so adorable and beautiful while carrying a big stuffed toy and holding balloons in his hands, but when he smiled and while I was listening to him talkㅡfate slapped me back to reality.

Like I've always asked myself everytime my heart would beat for him, everytime my lips would smile thinking about him, everytime I would get butterflies when I see himㅡwhat have I done?

I turned around and faced him, looking at him in the eyes with full courage. I don't deserve him. I would never deserve him.

“Do you really wanna know?” I asked.

He breathed out, still holding the balloons in his hands. “Tell me...”

“You... don't you really... remember me?” I asked, feeling my heart clench.

“What?” He asked, almost a whisper, with confusion in his eyes.

“Jang Eunha. Jang Eunha... where and when did you hear my name?” I asked.

He looked down the ground, as if trying to remember but he shook his head in the end.

I smiled bittersweetly. “Two or three years ago? In college, do you remember someone who was fat, ugly with braces, old fashioned... someone you were disgusted about?”

His hands let go of the pink and white balloons as he looked at me with wide eyes.

“I helped you with any kind of school activity and projects although I didn't know how to finish mine. You smiled, acted nice with me while I was helping you. I was stupid that I fell for you. I thought you were so nice... beautiful inside and out.” I said not letting go of his eyes with mine, “Until it was almost the end of the semester and you didn't need me anymore.” I chuckled humorlessly. “Jang Eunha... can't you at least remember my name?” I walked closer to him, although I am going back to bad memories now, I don't know why my anger towards him doesn't seem to be strong enough now. Now that I have a chance to tell him everything I kept inside my heart for years.

My heart was aching because I swore to myself every night that I would hate him, that I wouldn't fall for him again... but here I am, pretending to be tough, but breaking into pieces inside. Who knows? I might just explode like a confetti anytime soon.

“I thought... you would, at least, consider me as a friend, or if not... treat me right, treat me nice. But on the Valentine’s day, with half of my allowance, I bought this... stupid heart shaped chocolate for you. I wanted to give you a gift because you made it although it was mostly because of me. You also told me you loved chocolates. And... I wanted to tell you how I felt. But when I came to you, I didn't expect you would treat me like that...”

“Eu-Eunha...” He called, but I went on.

Another tear fell from my eye. Yes, so much for being a tough girl. “You could have just sent me away! You couldn't have just accepted my present! But what did you do after everything I've done for you? You open my beautifully wrapped present and break it in front of me, shaming me, making me laughable for everyone...”

“I don't remember asking you to help me...”

My chest went up and down with what he said. My heart couldn't take it anymore. The tears I was holding fell down my cheeks. My heart felt so tight I couldn't breathe properly.

“You used me. You don't remember anything. You don't remember hurting someone because you never think what could've been the impact you made in that person's life. Every day I questioned myself, my appearance, everything about me until one day, I woke up and realized... it wasn't me that's wrong. But still I wanted to look better to show you someday... everyday I would tire myself to death from working out. I would cry myself to sleep of the pain you've caused me. I would cry because I couldn't eat more than one apple a day to lose weight—”

“So... you went back to me for revenge?” He asked, like he couldn't believe everything I just said.

“That's what I wanted...”

“So, you lied to me?”

I shook my head and smiled painfully. “No, Lee Minhyuk. I didn't lie. It was you who didn't remember the girl you hurt the most.”

“So... this is it? Your plan is to make me fall in love, then break my heart?” He asked.

I know what he'd say, that would never happen because he never fell for meㅡ then and now. He would never.

“It was the plan.”

He shook his head in disappointment. “Now... are you happy that you succeed? Should I... congratulate you or something?”

The pained expression on his face felt like it was transferred to my heart because I could feel it in my chest.

“Revenge huh?” He chuckled, “Nice seeing you again, Jang Eunha.” He said walking away.

I felt like my heart was getting stepped on with every step he took. I wiped my tears that kept on coming. I looked at the big stuffed toy he left on the sidewalk, then up to the skies to see the balloons he let go.

I wanted to give him a taste of his own medicineㅡbut why do I feel like I'm the one who lost here again?

I watched his back going farther away from me each second. Is this really the end of what we had?

___________

A/N: *sings IS THIS THE END by BTOB*

Sorry for not updating a lot! Been busy with BTOB and helping the fandom to get their first win! (:

Aigoo! So hard with Bigbang, Sistar and AOA around. But Melodies never give up :)

Anyway I hope you liked the flow of the story! Will try to update sooner too!

--

Thank you for readingggg