[ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ]

Walking out from my house, I set out to the nearby park where my bestfriend had called me. The crisp, cool air of early morning enveloped me as I walked through the streets, having my morning jog ahead.

As I smiled at the sight of children playing around while their parents chatted, I couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia for the carefree days of my own childhood. Damn I miss being a kid.

After a while, I reached the park and entered inside, as I searched for my bestfriend Ivy, I couldn't find her who was supposed to have arrived before me.

"Boo~~"

I let out a chuckle and turned around to met by the frown on her face.

"You didn't get scared?"

"I ain't a scaredy cat, you know right?"

I mocked as she huffed at me, I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and we proceeded to walk through the park, giggling for no reasons.

"Why did you called me here, earlier than our usual morning walk?"

I asked to her, as her expressions changed from smiley to the serious one.

We stopped walking and she removed my arm from her shoulders, I tilted my head with furrowed eyebrows as I watched her taking a deep breathe before looking up at me.

"I'm shifting to Australia, for business purposes."

I nodded my head, indicating her to proceed explaining.

She told me that, she is relocating to Australia for a month at the behest of her father, who requires her assistance in managing his business there.

Despite her tender age of 18, she will be able to pursue her studies while simultaneously undertaking an examination on the business.

"I'll leave tomorrow evening."

Not to be mentioned, but I felt hurt at her confession, she could have tell this to me earlier, was it so hard?

"You shouldn't have bother telling me this here, a text would have been enough."

I gave her my ever so sweetest and fakest smile.

She knows me better than anyone and I guessed, she already have an idea that I'm mad, as she immediately grabbed my hand before I could walk away.

"I'm so sorry, Lyra, I didn't meant to hide it from you, beside, I wouldn't be shifting to there for forever, it's all upto my results. If I'll do good in it, which I don't think will happen, I'll have to stay there, but if I'll fail I won't be staying there."

She explained but I still wasn't satisfied with her explanation.

"What should I do to make it up to you?"

"A treat will do."

She nodded briefly and hugged me tight, she isn't going on a war or sum?

*****

It was nearly evening, and the two girls made their way inside the shop to grab stuffs as per the deal where Ivy would treat Lyra. While Lyra went to the other side of the shelf to grab some juice, Ivy proceeded to the counter to pay for the stuff.

On the way, she accidentally ran into a lady, causing her stuff to fall down on the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"No worries, dear."

As Ivy apologized immediately, the lady assured her with a smile.

Ivy was feeling guilty, so she bent down and started picking up the things even though the lady was protesting.

"Ow dear, it's alright, I'll tell my son he'll do that."

"No aunty, let me do, I'll be done in a minute."

"Sunghoon, come here, help her with that"

Ivy's head jolted up in curiosity, as she gazed up at the boy in utter amazement, who just walked in the situation.

His white t-shirt underneath the blue jacket was tucked neatly inside his black skinny jeans. His bangs resting on his forehead, he had a sharp defined jawline, and a mole on the side of his nose, near his left eye. He looked so handsome without even trying.

He bent down, and it didn't took him long to pick all the stuff from the floor. Ivy, without realizing, was still staring at him. He gazed at her for a second before diverting his gaze, and cleared his throat.

"Are we done?"

"Yess, you go ahead, I'll be there "

He nodded at his mom, and left from the shop, as Ivy stared at his back till it disappeared.

Ivy remained rooted in place, lost in thoughts about the guy she had just encountered, when she was jolted from her reverie by a tap on her shoulder.

"What's up?"

Lyra inquired, as Ivy shook her head, assuring that everything is fine, then the two girls exited the store after Ivy had paid for their purchases.

Ivy then proceeded towards her home, bidding Lyra farewell. As Lyra approached her apartment, she observed a van outside and two men loading items from her home into the vehicle.

"Excuse me? Who are you, and what's all this?"

"It is our Madam's command."

"But who-"

Before she could complete her words, they were already out of her sight. Lyra wasted no time, and promptly entered the apartment to talk to her father.

"Dad, what is happening?"

She asked her father, who were talking to someone on the phone.

He gestured for her to take a seat, as she impatiently sat on the couch after removing her backpack. She obediently waited for her father to finish his conversation and explain the situation, which he soon started with.

"You know, my business is incurring losses nowaday-"

"I know, but that's not the case, why are those 2 ugly, bodyguards like men are removing our stuffs?"

"Whenever I'm talking, don't cut me off Lyra."

"Okay sorry"

She squealed quietly at her dad's slight sterned voice.

"You have to trust me with the decision I've taken for ourselves"

His dad sighed, whilst being confused, she still nodded.

He requested her if she would help him with this situation, she concurred without any hesitation. Despite not possessing any knowledge about the business her dad manages, she was still willing to assist him in any capacity, but that was until his next statement left her flabbergasted to the core.

"We're moving to my girlfriend's house."

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈