chapter 1 .Y/n.

Ring, ring, ring

Walking across the living room you pick up the phone, holding it up to your ear

" hello? "

You hear heavy breathing on the other side, waiting for a couple of minutes you hear a deep

voice says.

" hello neighbour, how are you darling? "

You note that the voice note on the other end sounds drunk, his words being drawn out more than normal. Gently placed the receiver back on the rotary and walked back to the kitchen, but before I could finish cutting the apples that I was about to have as my two o'clock snack, the phone rang again.

Sighing you ignore the high pitched ringing and continue on cutting the apples.

Once you finish placing the slides of apple on a plate you walk over to your bedroom,

'the ringing hasn't stopped yet

You think to yourself while turning on the television, settling in to watch an episode of your favourite show ' Welcome Home ' all though it stopped airing new episodes back in 1969 you still love watching the old tapes your parents record for you, your parents were funny like that. They never seemed to notice you, yet they always knew what you liked or wanted and would get it for you sometimes.

You were half way through episode one when you noticed the phone stopped ringing.

' thank god for that, it was starting to drive me nuts '

As the thought passes you turn your attention back to the television, as you watch Wally and Barnaby go around the small town inviting their friends to the picnic they had set up outside of home.

You start to feel sleepy after the episode finishes but never-the-less you put another tape in and start the second episode, by this time you had finished your apple and started contemplating on getting more when a comforting sound started with the episode, but it mute the audio of the episode while it played,

" maybe something got record of the episode "

Saying it out loud made you feel silly

" no that's not it "

you've watched all these episodes over a hundred times and never once have you had any issues with an audio overlap. As you sat down in front of the television trying to find out what was happening the sound got louder as if in protest to what you were doing.

After a good forty minutes you give up and turn the television off, but the sound doesn't fade. Too tired to give it much thought you flop back onto your bed and close your eyes...

The world now black and quiet, you feel lonely but reassured of what only he knows.