chapter 5 .Y/n.

Ring, Ring, Ring

It was around 10 at night and you had just sat down to a cup of tea or coffee and started watching the next episode of Welcome Home. When low and behold you heard the phone ringing, Sigh.
Walking over you pick up the receiver and place it next to your ear,
" Hello? "

as you wait for the other person to answer you contemplate why you even picked up the phone, you know who it is or at least you know the voice. There the only person?, Thing?, entity?.
Whatever it was it always calls of a night time, you know this but yet every time you picked up the receiver and waited for an answer.
" Maybe there's something wrong with me ?"
I Mumble into the receiver, forgetting that it was there until I heard a voice protest against my words.
" Now Neighbour, don't say that about yourself. Your perfect my dear "

It said, in a caring way. Which baffled you, why did this… thing? Care for me, we don't even know each other and yet it's voice is always so caring. And slurred together most of the time but caring nonetheless.
" Who are you? "
I asked hoping to get some answers but to no avail, as the other line went silent.
Why is it the one time that I answer… whatever's on the other side of the line it doesn't answer back?. You thought it annoyed you that whatever was on the other side of the line didn't answer straight away but you also understood that it probably didn't expect you to answer it at all.

" I'm sorry my dear Neighbour but I can't answer that question "
It replied slowly as if it was thinking of what to say next and having difficulties with forming a sentence.
" But I can tell you that you have a lovely garden out the front of your house. Those Rhapsody's are coming along nicely "

That send a shiver down your spine. How did it know I had Rhapsody growing in my garden?. How!.
You slam the receiver down onto the rotary and take several steps away from the phone. Once you had cleated yourself you turn to the window and walk to it, opening the blinds ever so slightly you peek out into the darkness and try to see if there was anyone there. There wasn't.

It was now twelve o'clock and you had gone to bed one hour earlier but you just couldn't seem to fall asleep. It was only when the clock hit twelve thirty that you heard the same sound from the other night a soft rhythm of gentle beats, it was soothing but a little faster then the other night, you didn't mind though as you began to close your eyes and drift off into the blackness, waiting for him to come and sweep you of your feet and keep you close, never letting you go.
" Oh darling ~ "