chapter 2 .Wally.

Ring, Ring, Ring

“Neighbour, wont answer… me”
I heard a soft series of creeks come from inside home but I ignored them and stared off into the darkness of the living room, for a while I couldn't move. I know home told me that they wouldn't remember me but this was the twenty-fifth time.
‘ Wally it’s time to sleep. NOW ‘
Home said a little annoyed that I was ignoring it, standing up from my red velvet arm chair and slowly walked to my room, my dark room.
“ Oh home I don't understand, I thought neighbour loved me… I know neighbour loves me”

‘ Wally sleep, neighbour dose love you it’s just your both too sick to be with each other right now ‘

“ But you said the reason you made neighbour forget about me is so that i don’t make them sick like me?”

Home didn't answer for a long time, my question hung in the air as silence surrounded it everly home did answer, but with one word.

‘ SLEEP ‘

I could tell home was angry but it’s anger didn't scare me anymore, it used to but ever since getting sick i’ve been stuck inside home the only people i have to talk to are my friends. Speaking of my friends, as I drifted off to sleep I heard the phone ring. Knowing that home would be redirected to the phone on my bedside, I held the receiver up to my ear hoping to hear the sweet, sweet voice of my beloved.

“Wally, are you in bed?“

It was Julie.

“Yes… Julie I’m in bed and was Just about to go to sleep. Why?”

There was silence and then there was the beeping signalling that the call had been disconnected. I don’t know why she and Sally even bother calling if all they're going to do is hangup after one question and it's always the same question “ are you in bed? “.
Oh how I longed to hear the sound of my sweet neighbours voice but home wont let me out until I’m not sick anymore, even though I feel fine. No matter how many times I tell anyone that I’m fine and that I don’t feel sick they never believe me. The only one who ever did was neighbour, but now they don’t even remember me.

The thought of neighbour made me long for them even more
“Maybe i’ll visit them tonight…yes that sounds like a lovely idea. Don’t you think so home”
Home didn’t answer, as I fell asleep. Everything went black and quiet. I could feel how lonely they were.