CHAPTER FIVE

“What about this one?” Katherine asked, holding up a red bandage skirt.
I made a face at it and then went through the rest of the clothes on the rail.
“Oh c’mon! That one’s cute” Blake interjected.
“No one’s stopping you from getting it” I said, without looking up.
“Ha. Ha.” He deadpanned.
Last night our new group of friends suggested they take us out to explore the city's nightlife. That was reason enough for Katherine to go out on a shopping spree and of course, I had to be dragged into it. I didn’t think it was necessary. I could have easily fixed up an outfit I already had in my closet, but Katherine wasn’t having it. She seemed really excited, so it was hard not to share even a little of her enthusiasm. I didn’t want to be a complete buzz kill and I liked the company of our friend fine enough, so I agreed to come with her.
Blake on the other hand, offered to tag along— out of his own free will, imagine!— to be our driver for the day. He’s been quite patient while acting as chauffeur and going in and out of different shops with us. He even went so far as to carry our bags while we shopped and tried on different clothes. I'm not sure how it had started exactly, but he's now taken it upon himself to rate our outfits from one to ten.
It was surprisingly... not weird.
When I asked him how he could have so much patience? He said he was use to doing this for his girlfriend whenever they’d go out shopping. It was sweet, yet strange that he didn’t seem to be the least bit ashamed or irritated by our indecisiveness. Not a lot of guys I knew would do the things he did, much less proudly admit to it.

Katherine found an outfit for tonight as well as some cute outfits for every other day. I on the other hand, had only gotten random pieces of clothing which included; Crop tops, oversized sweaters that were on sale, a cute white tennis skirt, and a new pair of flip flops.
“Kara, you’re not even trying to find something” Katherine sighed exasperatedly.
“What are you talking about? I bought stuff”
“I meant for tonight. That was the whole point of coming here”
“I already have something for tonight” I half lied “It’s in my closet.”
She rolled her eyes and then grabbed my arm and pulled me to the other side of the store.
“Get away from the sales section!” She scolded “Find something decent”
I sighed and looked around and grabbed a cool black leather jacket that had caught my eye earlier, 

“Get away from the sales section!” She scolded “Find something decent”I sighed and looked around and grabbed a cool black leather jacket that had caught my eye earlier, 

and then I walked up to the counter to pay for it. Blake and Katherine started to protest that I should get a dress, but I ignored them. I didn’t need a new dress, so I didn’t feel the need to waste money. This shit wasn't cheap.

                         *******

The rest of the day went by in a blur and before I knew it, it was already time to leave. Katherine and I, said goodbye to everyone before making our way outside. Monroe was waiting for us in his silver Bentley with Lola in the passenger seat. I wasn’t sure what the exact model of the car was, but it looked shiny, new and beautiful.
“Heeeeeeey!!” Lola said in a sing song voice, when we got into the car.
Monroe turned in his seat and studied Katherine’s outfit and then looked down at her long exposed legs. He shook his head slowly and gave a low whistled. “Damn girl…”
Katherine laughed and slapped his arm with her purse
“Stop!”
She wore a navy, backless bandage dress paired with the nude heels she wore last night.