CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

When I woke up, everything was dark except for the burning lamp on the bedside table. For a minute, I felt a bit disorientated, until everything started coming back to me... Katherine and Micah showing up at Terry's house, how out of control I felt after forgetting our mother's death anniversary, Alex showing up, my break down, the rooftop, our first kiss, my shameless attempt at flirting and then the mind blowing sex that followed.
I had mind blowing sex with Alex.
I looked down at the sheet covering my naked body, and then turned to look at Alex who was still fast asleep. He was lying on his side, facing me almost as though he'd been watching me before sleep came for him.
The thought made me smile stupidly.
I turned to my side and studied his peaceful features. He looked so vulnerable. Younger—almost innocent in his slumberous state. I reached up and lightly brushed back some of the hair covering his , which madnumber e him furrow his brows and pout his lips slightly.
I surpressed a giggled and pressed my lips against his adorable pout.
"Kara..." He breathed.
"Yes?" I whispered through a smile
He didn't respond. He was still fast asleep.

I made myself comfortable and closed my eyes, in hopes of falling back to sleep but then it hit me. I was naked, in Alex's bed, just two doors down from where my sister and his brother were sleeping. What if someone caught us like this? But no, I'm pretty sure I remember Alex locking the door. Still, I had to leave eventually. What if Micah or Katherine saw us coming out of here later? That's one situation I'd gladly avoid. I didn't want them to find out... did I?
No. I decided that I didn't.
They'd make a big deal out of it, all of them. They'd say that I was just another stupid girl, who fell for his trap-which I didn't believe to be the case. He hadn't tricked me. I wanted this. We both did. Besides, I didn't jump into his bed with the delusion of waking up and magically owning his heart. I was smarter than that, at least. No one would see it that way though, and I'd avoid any sort of drama if I had the power to, which I did.

I got up slowly, the tenderness between my legs acting as a reminder of all our actions. A lick of warmth coiled itself in the pit of my stomach as dirty memories started flashing in my mind's eye. I looked at Alex, studied his beautiful profile and his powerful physic that was so perfect and so defined, that he looked sculptured, really. He rolled over onto his back just then, causing the sheet to fall away from his hips. My mouth watered and I seriously considered throwing caution to the wind and climbing back into bed, but I couldn't. I really needed to get out of here before everyone woke up. With one last lingering look, I turned and started to quietly search the dark room for my clothes. When I found everything. I tiptoed to Alex's ensuite to use the bathroom and clean up as best as I could before getting dressed. When I finished, I opened the room's door and peeked outside. The coast was clear so, I tiptoed out into the hallway and slowly closed the door behind me. I pulled my cell phone out of my back pocket to check the time and sighed miserably when I saw that it was only 3:24 in the A.M. Terry would still be sleeping so I couldn't leave and go over there now, but I couldn't stay in here with Alex either. I quietly made my way downstairs and just... stood there as I considered my options. I couldn't leave now. Where would I even go at this hour?
I turned left, towards the lounge area. It was a little strange that the lights were all on but, no one seemed to be around so I took a seat on one of sofas. I must have fallen asleep eventually because next thing I knew, someone was lightly shaking at my shoulder. I blinked a couple of times half expecting to see Alex, or Micah.
The man standing over me was the older version of them both.

I jumped to my feet, almost losing my footing in the process and the man I assumed to be Alex and Micah's father, lifted both palms in a non-threatening way and gestured for me to stay calm.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you" He said with a kind smile.
I blinked away the last remnants of sleep and studied him a little closer. It looked as though he had just gotten home; he was wearing a suit, but his shirt looked creased, his bowtie undone. I frowned and wondered how long I was out for. What was the time? All the windows were draped with thick curtains in this room, so I looked towards the door and saw light shining through the at the bottom.
"You're Katherine's little sister."
I turned my attention back to him and nodded.
"Yes, I remember you... from Ben and Vicky's party. You're quite the talent aren't you, young lady?" He commented with that same kind smile.
I really needed to get the hell out of here, but I also needed to stay calm and not look like I had something to hide.
"Thank you, Sir."
He gave a small nod and looked down at the sofa, where I had fallen asleep.
Well, this was getting of awkward...
"I find it hard to believe that Micah would let you sleep down here, instead of showing you to one of the guest bedrooms." He pointed out.
It was his way of asking me what I was doing down here, and I wasn't quite sure how to answer.