V3 : Chapter 3

Location: Island - Class C base

Ayanokoji POV

"What should we do about her?"

"I think we should send her off, she's from another class."

"Didn't you see her face, she's injured. We can't leave her on her own."

"Why can't she retire then?"

My classmates continued to discuss about the situation with Ibuki. Some think we should let her stay, others think we should throw her out.

Before we started discussing, we asked her to tell us what exactly happened. She said Ryuuen wasn't taking the exam seriously, she and boy tried to go against him, but were exiled for doing so.

I decide to speak up.

"I think it's fine for her to stay."

"Why?" Yukimura questioned "What if she's a spy? We could be in trouble."

"If Kiyotaka says she can stay, I think we should let her." Kei supported me.

"I trust Ayanokoji-kun's judgement." Matsushita supported me, too.

Some of my classmates were dissatisfied with my decision, but kept quiet.

I look over to where Ibuki is, and see that Kushida is trying to give her some fruits. Though it seems like she was refusing at first, she gave in.

Soon after informing Ibuki of our decision, I see Sensei coming to our direction and walk up to her before she reaches the camp.

"Hello Sensei, do you have it?" I asked

She sighed and gave me the keycard. "Quite convenient that Koenji lost the original."

"Why would it be convenient? We can use it if it's gone."

She gave me a look that says that she didn't buy the story.

Not like it matters if she believes it or not. As long as she gives us the second one - we're fine.

We walk back and Chabashira-sensei starts to take roll-call.

It goes smoothly until...

"That wraps up roll-call, and as you may have noticed; Koenji Rokusuke's name was not called. That's because he has dropped out of the exam." Sensei announced.

I closed my eyes.

"Haah!?" Was most of the class's reaction

"Damn It, Koenji!!" Screamed out Sudou.

"Everyone quiet down!" I raised my voice.

I sighed. "Koenji was never going to stay on the island - no matter what we did. So I made a deal with him. I can't reveal the details, but he is still helping us, just not from here, I can promise you that. So stop causing a commotion." I spoke clearly, this should have been where the story ended, but...

"What the hell do you mean by that!? We have a right to know what's happening!" Sudou spat out.

He's going to be a pain.

"Calm down, Sudou. You are doing what I said not to do a couple seconds earlier." I spoke calmly.

"Shut the hell up and explain!" He grabbed my shirt, and pulled me towards him.

"Sudou," I grabbed his wrist "I recommend that you let me go before the situation escalates any further."

As I put some pressure on his wrist, I can see his face twitching. The others around us are just watching us. Even Hirata, who would have moved in to put a stop to this, is hesitating and stays back.