Reviewmirror (Pearl Jam)

'WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!!!!' Reverberated through Jensen's mind.

'Willow's pregnant! That's what she wanted to fucking tell him. How the fuck was she pregnant? They used protection. He specifically used condoms, he bought to make sure no tampering could happen.

Nevermind the how, he was worried more about the What now.

Maybe it wasn't his? Maybe she slept with someone else? Maybe... No, he might not know her that well, but she wasn't one to sleep around.

And looking at the size of her belly and the scared look on her face, as they made eye contact, he knew it was definitely his. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!'

Getting his brain working again, he call out, "Willow"

"Not here Jay, there's too many people watching." He heard Gino saying next to him.

"You knew, you knew all this time?" He stated, turning around to face Gino.

"Not here Jay. I will tell you everything I know, just not here in front of these fans. Just... Let's just get to the warehouse okay."

"What's going on?" Jared asked, noticing Jensen's angry face.

"Just help me get Jay to the back before he explodes?" Gino pleaded to Jared.

"Yeah, sure man. Come on Jay."

"No, wait where's Willow? Where the fuck did she go?"
Jensen demanded not seeing Willow anywhere.

"Jensen , if we don't move now, there is going to be a stampede and we won't get out of here for a while still."

Managing to see sense, Jensen let himself be herded through the crowd, his mind filled with questions.

Somehow through all the noise in his head, and the crowd, he heard Jared shout to Gen, to meet them in the back.

Crashing through the doors, Jensen pulled himself out of everyone's grip and moved away, needed the space.

"How long?"

"You mean, how far along is she?"Gino asked back.

"Who?" Asked Jared.

"Yes, but no. How long have you known?" Jensen replied.

"She never actually told me, I just had my assumptions."

"HOW LONG?" Jensen erupted.

"Figured it out about two months ago."

"Before or after you spoke to her about renewing the contract?"

"After. About two weeks later."

"And what, she has your loyalty now? Didn't you think you should have maybe have let me in on your little assumption? That I deserved to know?"

"Know what? What the hell is going on?" Jared asked confused.

"It wasn't my place to tell you. I was hoping that by having you two here today, she would tell you, or you could figure it out." Gino replied, ignoring Jared.

"That's not your decision to make Gino! You should have fucking told me man."

"Told you what?" Jared asked again.

"Why, so that you could ghost her again? I had to sit and watch her being heartbroken. I'm the one that's been listening to her pour her heart out through song."

"Well, maybe if you had fucking told me, I could have sorted this out months ago. Then you wouldn't have had to "deal" with her feelings."

"Can somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on?" Jared shouted.

"Willows pregnant! That's what's going on. And this motherfucker here knew! And instead of being loyal to me, who he has known for almost as long as I've known you, he sided with the pregnant Siren." Jensen shouted back at Jared.

"Thank you. Was that, that difficult?" Jared answered, gesticulating with his hands. "Oh fuck, Willow's pregnant? Is it yours?"

"Well fuck if I know. So tell me Gino, is it mine?"

"Well I assumed it was."

"Fuck load of assumptions there brother. You know they say assumptions is the mother of all fuck-ups? And you fucked up pal."

"So did you, pal. If you had just spoken to her, all this could have been avoided."

"Don't you think I know that Yes, okay, I regret not just phoning her back. But you know I also had a valid reason. You weren't there when Meghan..."

"Yes I was! I was there to help out, with Daneel, looking after JJ, I was just as worried when Meghan had ..., But I was here now too. And you know what, just like I helped then, so I was helping now, protecting your kid."

"Protecting? How are you protecting my kid? You got it's mother running and jumping around on stage? She should be taking it easy."

"Oh please, She's pregnant, not dying. Protecting in that I have made sure to keep her from stressing, promising her that you will stay away. Making sure that she eats a pizza on a Friday, so I least know she has eaten. Putting her on the medical aid so she can get benefits. Driving her home on Friday nights when she is too exhausted to even stand. Letting her nap in the office. Sending a server into the bathroom when she has been too long, and I know she is vomiting. Protecting what you didn't want!"

"I didn't know!"

"Okay, woah there. Look you are both heated and before someone says something that they will regret, I think it's best we leave things as is and maybe head home." Jared countered.

"Yeah, good idea. I have a business to run. Have to close up." Gino replied, walking out the Warehouse.

"Jensen?"

...

"Jensen!" Jared tried again.

"WHAT?' Jensen snapped back.

"Woah! Back off brother. I am innocent here. What's going on in the head of yours?"

"Nothing, everything. Fuck!"

"Look, I can't imagine..."

"No, Jared, you can't. You didn't fuck up two people's lives."

"Shit, sorry, it's a minefield out there. What's happening? What was the mad rush to get out of there?" Gen, Jared's wife asked as she eventually reached the Warehouse.

Jared waited for Jensen to reply. When he didn't, he answered.

"Willow's pregnant."

"I know. I hugged her and felt the baby kick. Kid packs a punch. Hate to be Willow."
Gen replied.

"Okay so what's the problem with Willow being pregnant? Are you worried about the revenue when she goes on maternity leave?"

"It's Jensen's." Jared replied.

"Oh fuck."

"Yeah."

"What's he going to do?" Gen whispered to her husband, while closing the gap between them.

"Not sure. " Jared replied and then turned to ask Jensen." Where the fuck did he go?"

Jensen had left out the back door while Jared was explaining the situation to Gen.

He had literally run to his car, deciding it was now or never. Willow and him needed to talk now. No more politely ignoring each other. There was a baby involved, and they both had to make amends.

Switching on the radio, his Spotify playlist started to play. Jensen chuffed at the song playing. How apt. Yeah guess they were Eddie.

He started to sing along while he drove.

I seem to look away
Wounds in the mirror waved
It wasn't my surface... most defiled
Head at your feet, fool to your crown
Fist on my plate, swallowed it down
Enmity gauged, united by fear
Tried to endure what I could not forgive

Saw things
Saw things
Saw things
Saw things
Clearer
Clearer
Once you, were in my...
Rearviewmirror..