Chapter 5 - The Rescue of Clarie

Three years passed after the founding of the Shadow Garden now both Cid and Y/n were thirteen years old Kagenou became an ordinary Dark Knight in training. Y/n continued his journey as a butler to the Kagenou siblings, currently he was watching a fight between them.

Cid- *Walked towards his sister* aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Clarie easily defends her brother's attack.

Clarie- Your stock is weak!

After this line she forces her sword and throws Cid away, who recomposes himself raising the sword again, this time it was the black haired girl who advanced.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Fencing in this world, in a few words, is not sophisticated.

Cid during this fight thinks how if he wanted to he could defeat his sister in seconds.

Cid- *Thoughts* In my past life, Y/n and I put all kinds of martial arts together and optimized them.

He defends his sister's attack but Clarie had too much strength in her attack throwing Cid into the nearest river.

Y/n- *Palms* Incredible Miss Clarie, keep training Young Cid.

Cid emerges from the river.

Cid- Eh! You are very strong!

Clarie- That boy has never made any progress...

The young woman puts her hand on her neck, Y/n notices this action.

Y/n- I wouldn't say that Miss Clarie, every fight is an evolution, I have faith that next time Young Cid will be much better. *Thoughts* Her instincts are sharper than they seem...

Atsushi approaches his reincarnated friend and helps him out of the river, a maid appears.

Maid- Miss Clarie.

Clarie- Yes...

Maid- Your mother is calling, the guests for your farewell party are arriving.

The girl nods and turns to the two boys.

Clarie- Y/n take care of Cid for me, I won't be able to practice with you for a while, but keep training and count on Y/n for that.

Cid- Yes!

Y/n- Yes Miss!

Y/n hands a towel to his friend and looks at the maid who has come.

Y/n- Could you bring Young Cid a change of clothes please.

Maid- I will.

Clarie and the maid leave, leaving the two of them alone.

Y/n- You act well, I didn't think you could take a beating like that.

Cid- Being an extra is not easy, but I'll have to do it to be ready for the day to come.

...

When a noble turns fifteen, they start attending the Midgar Academy for dark knights in the capital, Clarie Kagenou was enrolled in this academy, but on the day of her departure she was nowhere to be found.

In the girl's room were Mr and Mrs Kagenou, Cid, Y/n and some other servants, everything was turned around, Y/n looked at a picture of the Kagenou family together with him, broken on the floor.

Mr. Kagenou- H-How... Even attacking her in her sleep how could they subdue Clarie?! The bastard must be a master fighter!

The girl's mother approached with a frightening smile.