Chapter 12 - The Attack on the Academy

The students were being led into the auditorium by hooded men claiming to be Shadow Garden. Cid was right behind his friends, Kazuki, Hyoro and Jaga, who were devastated by the death of their friend Y/n.

???- I'm sorry.

The boy looked in the direction of the voice to see Rin standing next to him.

Rin- I know you and Y/n were friends, I don't even know what to say... He was a hero.

Looking down, the girl finishes her sentence with a slight pain in her chest. She and Y/n had become friends since he had started dating Alexia. Before answering, Cid is surprised by these words.

Cid- Oh... Thank you... He was a great friend...

Rin- We mustn't lose heart, the knights will come to help us.

Cid- *Smiles* Yes, they will. *Thoughts* As soon as the shadows gather here, another act of our show will begin.

Another student was saddened by what had happened to the young L/n, she tightened her dress in frustration.

Rose- *Thoughts* Y/n...

Outside the barrier, knights were positioning themselves and surrounding the Academy, Iris and the other knights were analyzing the options, Alexia was on the spot in a carriage.

Alexia- *Thoughts* It's happening again... Y/n, Rin... Don't hurt yourselves...

Y/n was already in the room where he had been killed, everything was black and white, his heart wasn't beating, his lungs weren't working. The boy was already dead, until a mark appeared on his chest, glowing red. Suddenly he opens his eyes and the world takes on color again. The boy sits up panting.

Looking around, the boy realized he was still in the classroom. After taking a deep breath, he stood up and stretched, then put his hand on the cut.

Y/n- It worked... The Two Sides of Life Technique... I die for about 10 minutes, but my heart and organs are protected and dislocated to avoid being punctured, and then with a shock my body comes back.

Looking at his hand, he realizes that the blockade still prevents him from using his power freely.

Y/n- Well, I still can't use my power completely, but if I use it in small amounts, I'll be fine.

He moves his hand closer to the cut, a light comes out and his cut is partially closed then he takes his school coat and puts it on.

Y/n- Come on, we've got a school to save.

In her office, Sherry was deciphering the artifact until a man burst through the window wearing a red badge. On seeing him, the girl takes the artifact and walks away.

Rex - We're Shadow Garden, or was it Shadow Guardian? It doesn't matter, I'm Rex, The Game of Betrayal.

Rex- My job is to recover the artifact. Once I've done that, I can cause as much chaos as I like.

Sherry is frightened and can't even speak a word, the man draws his sword and attacks her, but before the sword touches her, Glen defends her.