eight

Cierra had arrived at my house. She was staying the night so we could go to school together the next morning. We were both beyond excited. We both had never been to Amsterdam.

I've been to Italy, Spain and France. I went to France with my grandparents when I was younger. It was very expensive and my mom couldn't come. We went to Paris. It was stunning. One day I hope I go back again.

My dad lived in Spain and I used to go every summer for a month but I've not seen my dad for 4 years now. We have spoken twice in four years. Which is just a joke. He hasn't even tried to make contact.

I sometimes felt like something was missing. I really liked the thought of a mom and a dad living together and getting along. My mom says I'm like my dad in a lot of ways. She said that when I'm angry I flip out, just like him.

My mom told me that he used to fight people a lot. That scared me.

"Hey Kim, you know it's Luke's birthday on Monday?"

"No, why would I care?"

"That means you need to be nice to him since its his birthday."

"I'm never going to be nice to Luke. He is a fuckboy. I hate fuckboys."

That night, me and Cierra went to the supermarket to get black hair dye.

Cierra's natural color was brown but a year ago she decided to dye it black. She has to constantly top it up.

I'm just glad that I'm naturally dark haired and that I don't have to do that.

~~~

While I was applying the dye at the top of her head my mom came home from work.

"Kimberly its me!" my mom screamed.

"Hey Mom"

"Hey Miss DePandi"

My mom wasn't married. She has never been married and her last boyfriend was my dad. I took my dads last name, Kendrick.

Yeah my name is, Kimberly Kendrick. When I was younger I found it a little bit difficult to say. So my name got shortened to Kim.

~~~

I slept in my bed and Cierra slept on my bedroom floor on an air bed.

Cierra stayed over a lot. I've only ever stayed at Cierra's house when my mom was away working during the night and I had nowhere to go. Now I'm aloud to stay in the house on my own which is so much better.

Cierra's family was very good to me and my mom during the tough times.

Her family practically took me in as one of their own.

I always called Cierra's mom 'Mama Two'. On my contacts she is called 'Mama Two'. She loved being called that.

~~~

Quickly the morning came around.

It was 6:45am when my mom woke us up.

We had loads to do. Get dressed, do makeup (which took FOREVER), do each other's hair and go and grab juice and snacks from the supermarket.

We were on a very tight schedule.

When we left the house it was 7:27am.

My mom drove us to the supermarket and we bought Snapple, Fanta, Coke Cola, Doritos, Pringles, Lucozade, Mikado and Haribos.

We were walking to the till when we spotted Luke.

Luke.

I swear he followed me everywhere.

"Hey girls. Wow someone's hungry." He said as he pointed towards my arms full of food.

"They're for Cierra too you know?" I said as if I was being interrogated.

My mom walked up towards us.

"Wow girls that's a lot. Hi? I'm Kimberly's mom." My mother said in an extremely strong Italian accent.

"Hey. I'm Luke. I'm in Kim and Cierra's group for Amsterdam."

"Your a handsome boy Luke, and very tall."

This was tuning into the most awkward conversation ever.

I kept trying to give my mom signals to leave but she just kept ignoring me. Did she hate me this much?

"Luke, I'm driving these girls too school straight after this. Would you like me to give you a ride?"

"Thank you, but I'm okay. I will walk."

"Yeah mom, he can walk" I said in a slightly pissed off way.

"Luke will do no such thing. He can sit at the back with Cierra. I'm not letting you carry all these bags to school by yourself."

Fuck my life?

Yes I was right. She does hate me.

~~~

This must of had to have been the most awkward, uncomfortable car ride of my entire life.

My mom was asking super weird questions about Luke's social life and what his family was like.

"So Luke, who do you live with at home" asked my mom.

"Mom that's an extremely private think to asked" I said in an agitated way.

"No it's fine honestly. Erm. I live with my mom, my dad and my two older brothers."

To be honest I never knew much about Luke. I was surprised to hear this. I thought he was a spoilt only child.

"Just like me. I live with two older brothers too." Spoke Cierra.

~~~

10 minutes after we arrived at school.

Me, Cierra and Luke all walked towards the assembly hall together. Michael was up the back waiting for us.

"You finally arrived. I've been waiting here for ages."

"Yeah sorry. Kim's mom gave me a lift."

I looked over to the popular crowd and they were all looking excited. Some of the girls walked towards us. For some reason my heart started to race.

"Hey Luke. Hey Michael. What a shame, you've been put in a group with these losers." Said one of the popular girls.

My heart went from racing to fucking jumping. I tilted my head to the ground in shame. Was I really a loser?

"I know. I wanted to change but nobody else wanted to go with them" Luke said as he looked towards me and Cierra.

"Oh Cecilia, I see you've finally re-done your hair. It looked terrible the other day." another bitchy comment from the same popular girl.

"Thanks? It's Cierra by the way."

Cierra didn't know where to look. We both were just wishing that they would hurry up and go away.

That was it. Any chance of me being nice to Luke was now gone. He is such a dick. He just stood their and started supporting that girls comments. I gave him a ride to school and this is how he repays me? Fuck. I hate him.

A/N { we are now finally starting to see the true side of Luke. Next chapter will be about the journey to holland. This trip is going to BLOW UP! I'm so excited to share it with everybody. - Amy xoxo}