twelve

When we woke up the sun was shining through the curtains. It was so bright in the room. I think I needed to wear sunglasses inside.

I woke up the the sound of

'Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Luke. Happy birthday to you!!'

Today was Luke's birthday he was turning 17.

He was exactly two weeks older than. That sucked. I wish I was older than him so I could make it an excuse when ever we argued.

~~~

One of the teachers banged on our door

"COME ON GIRLS WAKE UP. GET DRESSED THEN COME TO THE RESTAURANT!"

First thing in the morning and I hear that screechy voice, ew. No.

~~~

We walked down to the restaurant. It was huge, and very white. We were last to arrive.

I looked at the clock:

7:44.

I went to the food counter and got cornflakes. I wasn't very hungry, i was to tired to be hungry.

Cierra was already at a table. I sat next to her, at the back of the room.

"Right, okay. Listen up. Half of you guys are going into town, the other half are going to Anne Franks House. To find out where you are going, check the notice board on our floor. You will stay with your group at all times and if their is an emergency phone me or any other teacher." Said Mrs Lowell in a high pitched loud voice.

~~~

After we had finished our breakfast, me and Cierra went to our room. We quickly brushed our teeth and did each other's hair.

I did a French plait in Cierra's hair and she did a French plait in my hair.

We looked identical. I never put any makeup on because I figured I didn't have enough and I wanted to save it for when I REALLY needed it.

Somebody banged on the door. We thought it was a teacher.

I never answered it because I wasn't done with Cierra's hair so I figured my teacher could wait or come back.

"Oi, oi! Open up!"

It was Michael. I could tell it was Michael with his cheeky deep voice.

"Yeah wait a second?" I screamed from the bathroom.

Without any of our permissions he opened our door and let himself in.

Our door was a key open door and I stupidly forgot to lock it.

He walked into the room and started to look around. He walked towards the top of the room, then I saw Luke.

Luke walked in and he instantly saw us.

"You took a while. Erm. We are in town today, so hurry up you've got 10 minutes." Michael said while looking around the room.

"Wow you've got a shit room. It's so bright and it's already messy!" Michael looked around the room even more.

"Is your room not the same?" I asked.

"Nah, it's blue and green. How the fuck did you get to sleep last night?" He asked again.

"It still blows my mind how I got to sleep. I literally have no idea haha." Cierra said.

Luke just stood there looking really uncomfortable and moved his head a lot.

I still wasn't done with Cierra's hair. Michael just stood and watched like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"Wait. I thought boys weren't aloud in the girls' rooms?" I asked while still plaiting her hair.

"Yeah but we don't give a shit. I mean, you don't give a fuck that we are in here right?" Michael asked while moving his hair to ruffle his hair.

"Right now we don't. But if you came in when we were changing we would have given a huge fuck." Cierra looked down to the floor as she said it.

"Luke your being very quiet. You're not still holding a grudge against last night are you?" Michael giggled.

"Come on let's go, we have 5 minutes to be on this bus and everybody is already on the bus." Luke quickly changed the subject.

I just laughed. Typical Luke. Changing the conversation as soon as Michael mentions me.

"Calm down Luke, I'm almost down with her hair then we can be on our way." I said more pissed than before.

~~~

We left the room and I locked the door behind me.

Luke walked down the stairs first, Michael and Cierra walked down the stairs together which surprised me when I thought she was mad at him. I walked behind.

We got onto the bus and their was two, two seats together left. Michael and Cierra sat together which made me so mad.

That meant I had to spend the next 10 minutes sitting next to fuckboy Luke. Fuck my life.

That may have sounded really dramatic but I just hated him.

I sat down first, next to the window. Luke sat down next to me.

"Are you going to make this awkward?" He asked.

"Me? You were making it awkward in the room."

"Only because I didn't want an argument."

"Well you've started one now Luke."

"Kim, I don't want to argue with you. I actually want to enjoy this trip. The start of the trip went from a ten, to a one."

"How? Because of me?"

"You with that guy."

"Luke you make me laugh. You're a hypocrite. You did the exact same. You don't even know what we were talking about."

"You were giggling and laughing. You never even hung around with boys before last week."

"Well people change. You're a perfect example."

The conversation stopped when Mrs Lowell spoke through the speaker.

"You have until 4:15pm to check out the streets of Amsterdam. Remember to forward your clock one our as this is a different time zone. Stay with your group. If anybody gets lost phone me. My number will be on the back of the card you will be given. If anything happens and you want to be back sooner than 4:15 phone me and then get a taxi back to the hotel. The hotels address will be on the back of the card as well. Don't get into any trouble and respect the people around you."

The bus stopped at a car park near a supermarket.

"This will be your meeting point. If you aren't back here for 4:15 we will leave without you and you will have to make your own way back. Serious consequences will happen if you are late or don't make it back in time."

Me and Luke were last to leave the bus because people wouldn't let us past to get out.

We eventually left the bus and headed towards the city centre of Amsterdam.

A/N - the next chapter will about what they did that day then the chapter after will be about that night!! BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING!!!!!! Thanks for reading this far. It means soooo much. Xoxo Amy.