Barbecue

Saturday finally rolled up and with it a very anxious Wukong. He never hosted events, so this would be his first and he wanted nothing but perfection. To the point where he stayed up all night setting things up and making sure everything was in place. Which was completely out of character for his laid back, lazy attitude, but it was all for the fun that would come from it. He was an entertainment junky. Living forever doesn't really let you experience new things often and when they did happen, it was over quickly, joining the growing pile of boredom. And with that came the bad tendency of juicing all the fun he could out of that thing until he was left with nothing but a dried husk of what it used to be. Right now he was in the beginning of his obsessive state, the part where he gets overly excited.

Six o'clock was drawing closer and closer. Mk, Mei, Pigsy, Tang, and Sandy were already there, per Monkey King's request and were setting things up, like food, tables, and games.

"Sooo," Monkey King slid up next to Tang who was setting up the plates on a table next to the grill. "About that bonfire."

"Hm?" Tang looked up at him. "Oh yeah! We should probably do it later, ya know? When it's dark."

The Monkey King let out an awkward laugh. "Right."

He quickly left and found Mk and Mei throwing darts at a board. Mei was kicking his ass by a long shot. Mk noticed the King walking up and waved him over.

"Oh hey Monkey King! Sorry Mei I guess I suddenly have leave the game."

"Yeah, just when I'm about to win," she rolled her eyes, then threw another dart getting a bullseye.

"Sup bud," the King waved.

"Red says that they're on their way and should be here like," he squinted his eyes and looked at his phone. "Within seconds?"

Monkey King didn't seem surprised and turned towards the middle of the cave. Just in time to see a small flame enter, expanding into a huge gust of wind that revealed the Demon Bull Family.

"Bull King my friend!" The King opened his arms as he greeted them.

The Demon Bull looked down at him. "Evening, Stinky Wukong?" He raised an eyebrow unamused.

"Ignore that," Wukong glared off to the side.

Red Son was carying a tupperware full of some sort of food. He nodded a greeting to the Monkey King and made his way towards Mei and Mk.

"Princess Iron Fan!" He turned his attention to her. She nodded in return. "You'll be happy to know we have a full bar, with quite the selection," he said, shooting her finger guns.

She smiled. "Well I'll be off then my love," she looked up at the Bull King, running her hand along his arm as she walked away.

Wukong looked around, Mk, Mei, and Red Son had made their way over to the food area with Sandy, Pigsy, and Tang. Pif wasn't too far, at the alcohol table already mixing up drinks. And Dbk was with him, no sign of Macaque. Wukong smirked to himself. Maybe this would work out in his favor after all.

"How about we get some drinks big guy?" He asked, giving the Bull King a cheeky grin. The demon pinched the bridge of his nose in response and began making his way over to his wife.

Wukong was about to follow him until he smelled something amazing. He looked over and saw Sandy uncovering a pie. It smelled similar to peaches.

"Woah! What's that?!" Monkey King asked rushing over to him.

"Hello Mr. Monkey King, this is a peach pie, we thought it would be fun to bring over," Sandy smiled. Two cats were sitting on his shoulders, one was Mo and the other a black cat he couldn't recognize.