A New Training Regimen

Today was the day. The big day. Monkey King had told Mk that he had something special planned for their training session and he was ecstatic. It had been ages since his mentor had done anything of interest during their trainings and when he did say they were doing something new it was just boring ol chores.

"Alright! I'm heading out Pigsy!" Mk yelled running across the restaurant to the door.

"K kid! Text me when you get there and when you're coming back!" Pigsy yelled back from the kitchen.

Mk gave him a thumbs up that he knew he wouldn't see and ran out the door. He jumped up and a small cloud formed under his feet, sending him flying over the city.

He'd been able to gain pretty good control over this new power and he didn't need his monkey form to do it, so that was a bonus in his eyes. That form scared him. All the destruction he caused during his fight with Azure in just those few minutes haunted him. Not to mention how he couldn't control it. All he could do was fight and he ended up hurting someone close to him, someone that was trying to help him.

The sight of Flower Fruit Mountain snapped him out of his thoughts.

Today was going to be a good day.

Mk hit the ground with a loud crash, creating a small crater. "Monkey King!" He shouted, crawling out of the hole.

"Hey bud!" The King standing above him smiled, holding out a hand to help him up.

"I'm ready for training!" the successor beamed, grabbing onto the King's hand. For just a moment he swore he could see the Monkey's expression sadden, but when he stood up he was back to his normal cheeky self.

"Alright! Come with me, I've got a good spot where we can blow off some steam," Monkey King stretched, cracking his fingers over his head. "Ya ready?" He asked, smirking at the kid.

"Born ready!" Mk grinned, crouching low to the ground.

And with that the King jumped up and flew off on his own cloud. Mk was quick to follow. At first the two just did tricks in the air, flying around the island. But the mood fell when they reached a certain area of the island, one Mk had never seen. The trees were nothing but charred sticks and there were no animals or grass, the ground being completely black.

"What happened here?" Mk asked, voice quiet as he caught up with the slowing Monkey King.

"You know the fight with Erlang right? When he brought the celestial army down to kill me right?"

Mk nodded.

"Well, this is the aftermath," the King sighed. "He tried to burn down the entire mountain...BUT!" He perked up. "He was no match for me!" He laughed, beginning to fly down.

"Of course he wasn't! No one is!" Mk beamed, following him to the charred ground. It made a sickening crunch under his feet as he made contact. Dirt should not sound like that.

"That's what I said!" The King turned to look over the broken land. "Here you don't have to worry about destroying anything cause it's already destroyed! So there's no need to hold anything back bud!"

Mk nodded. "So what are we gonna start with? 72 transformations?! Cloud somersaults?! The Flaming Fist of Fury?! Oo oo oo! What about the Seven Deadly Vipers?!" Mk bounced around, continuing to name off countless moves.

The King's face darkened and he looked away.

"What's that look for?" Mk glanced at him confused, starting to grow worried.

"Hey bud.." a familiar voice rang out from behind him. A voice he had never wanted to hear during a training session ever again.

He turned around, his suspicions being confirmed as he made eye contact with the dark furred monkey. "Macaque?"