Sit Down and Let Me Talk to You

"Are you ready?"

There was a pause. "Not really."

"Do you still want to do this?"

"You asking is making me second guess myself."

The person didn't respond.

"There isn't really an option to back out now."

"Why's that-"

"He's here."

A loud knock came from the metal door. Both demons paused and looked at one another. It was the blue one that stood up. He gave the shadow monkey a glance from over his shoulder before answering the door.

"Mr. Monkey King! Thanks for coming!" The blue demon smiled warmly opening the door for a golden monkey.

"Yeah of course! So what's the interesting thing you needed me for-WHY IS HE HERE?!" The celestial's tone immediately switched the moment he locked eyes with the shadow demon.

Sandy shut the door behind him. "He's the interesting thing," he said, sighing as he made his way back to his seat.

"Nuh uh! Nope! I'm out!" The Monkey King turned on his heels, starting to walk back to the door.

"Mr. Monkey King just wait a moment," Sandy said in a calm tone.

The King froze.

"Five minutes of your time is all we ask."

"WE?!" The golden monkey whipped around. "So you're in on this?!" He yelled, pointing at the monkey on the couch.

He didn't get a verbal response, instead just a blank stare.

The King looked at the two demons. He clenched his fists tightly. "I can't believe I'm doing this," he mumbled as he stomped over to the empty spot on the couch.

Sandy hummed and poured him a cup of tea, placing it in front of the fuming monkey. "Mr. Maquack wants to have a talk with you."

"SANDY?!" Macaque yelled, giving him a look of betrayal.

"If you want this to go anywhere you have to be honest."

"So this was your idea?" The celestial monkey spoke up, glaring daggers.

The dark furred demon slumped down, grabbing a pillow to lean his chin on. "A stupid one," he grumbled looking away.

"Finally something we can agree on!" The King laughed.

Sandy gave them a soft smile before speaking. "Is there anything specific you would like to start off with?" He asked them both.

"What do you mean?" The Monkey King asked.

"Like a question you want to ask the other." The King stared blankly at him. "Why don't you ask Mr. Maquack a question?"

"Umm," the golden monkey thought for a moment. "This is so dumb."

Sandy gave him a reassured nod to tell him to keep going while Macaque turned his head on the pillow to look at the celestial.

"Uh, why did you want to talk, I guess?"

"Mk."

"Yeah, I doubt that."

The demon sighed. "You also seemed open to it the other day..or atleast a little open to it."

Wukong looked away. He wished he hadn't been as friendly as he was that night, which wasn't a lot. 'Macaque must really be desperate,' he thought.

"Okay, now you ask a question Mr. Maquack," Sandy spoke up again.

Wukong stared at the shadow demon, anticipating what he might ask.