16🥀

Jeon is now discharged and currently resting in his apartment. He lies on his bed, observing his husband, Tae, who is making a bed on the floor with the help of blankets. Confused by Tae's actions, he asks, "Why are you making a bed on the floor? We have a king-size bed."

Tae pauses his work and smiles at his husband. Jeon's heart accelerates, but he dismisses the feeling. "I have a habit of moving in my sleep. I don't want to accidentally hurt you, so it's better if I sleep on the floor," Tae explains with a smile, causing the older male to gulp.

Ignoring Tae's smile, Jeon questions further, "You can take the guest room. Why do you need to sleep on the floor?"

Tae's smile persists as he responds, "I want to take care of you. What if you need help during the night? Who will assist you if not me?"

Jeon turns away, unable to comprehend Tae's sincerity. He can't fathom the idea that his husband genuinely cares for him. Instead, he convinces himself that Tae is only after his company shares and perhaps even his other properties. Jeon erroneously believes that Tae's kindness is all part of a manipulation.

Jeon lies awake in bed, allowing himself to believe the worst about his own husband, who genuinely loves him. He refuses to acknowledge the vulnerability he sees in Tae's eyes, brushing it off as an act.

"Hmm, Hyung, did you fall asleep already?" Tae asks, but receiving no response, he quietly leaves the room.

Jeon pretends to be asleep, choosing to ignore Tae and suppressing any acknowledgment of his husband's actions. He convinces himself that Tae's kindness is all an illusion. And then, a while later, sleep takes over him, and he falls asleep.

But then, it happens. He wakes up from his sleep and curses himself when he realizes he needs to use the bathroom but is unable to get up from bed. Feeling helpless, he mutters an expletive under his breath.

"What happened, Hyung?" Tae asks, concerned, as he enters the bedroom after cooking dinner. He rushes to Jeon's side, helping him stand without putting any pressure on his left leg.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Jeon expresses his embarrassment, and Tae smiles, assisting him. Together, they make their way inside the bathroom.

Jeon freshens himself up while Tae looks away, respecting his privacy. Once done, Tae gently escorts him back to their bedroom.

"Sit here. I'll bring your dinner," Tae says with a smile, planting a soft kiss on Jeon's cheek, mindful of not crossing any boundaries that might upset his husband.

Jeon remains with wide eyes, his fingers slowly touching the spot where Tae kissed him. His mind races, trying to understand the sudden surge of emotions that swallow him whole. Confusion mingle within him, causing his heart to beat faster.

"WTF! What just happened?" he whispers to himself. He doesn't understand why his heart is beating so fast, why his face flushes with warmth, or why his chest feels heavy with a newfound understanding.

"He must be using some black magic on me." Jeon mumbled to himself, as he clench his jaw.