20🥀

Jeon groans and opens his eyes, feeling the dryness in his throat begging for water. As he shifts slightly, he senses a weight on his left hand. Puzzled, he turns his head to the left and sees his husband, peacefully asleep with his head resting on Jeon's hand. A soft smile tugs at Jeon's lips as he admires his husband's serene face, the faint moonlight illuminating the room.

Unable to resist the urge, Jeon's hand moves on its own accord to gently pet Tae's head. The slight movement stirs Tae from his slumber, and he blinks his eyes open in confusion, finding Jeon in a sitting position.

"What's wrong, hyung? Why are you awake?" Tae's voice is filled with concern as he notices his husband. Jeon shakes his head slightly, unknowingly smiling.

"I was feeling thirsty," Jeon replies, retracting his hand back. Tae reaches for the water bottle on the nightstand, pouring a glass for Jeon before handing it to him. Jeon gratefully accepts the water, quenching his thirst.

"You should go back to sleep now," Tae suggests with a soft smile, but Jeon pulls him onto the bed, making Tae sit in the bed.

"Why were you sleeping on the floor?" Jeon inquires, his eyes looking at the younger . Tae blushes, cheeks turning red. He was admiring his husband but then he fell asleep but he can't say that to his husband. It's embarrassing

"I was just... keeping an eye on you," Tae mumbles, avoiding eye contact. Jeon chuckles, shaking his head.

"I'm fine, Tae. Come lay beside me," Jeon urges, and Tae nods his head, before laying next to his husband.

Jeon smiles, wrapping Tae in the warmth of the blanket. Together, they drift back to sleep, cocooned in each other's presence.

The next morning, Tae awakens to find the bed empty, panic seizing his heart momentarily. "Hyung, where are you?" He calls out and looks in the restroom, but his husband is nowhere to be found. He heads straight for the living room, relief flooding him when he finds Jeon in the kitchen.

"Hey," Jeon greets him with a warm smile, not noticing the worry in Tae's eyes.

"Don't 'hey' me! You scared me half to death disappearing from bed. What are you doing in here?" Tae's voice is a mix of relief and scolding, as his breathing erratically due to his fear and rapid speech. Hearing his husband's remarks made Jeon's heart race, but he chose to ignore it and give him a small grin.

"Don't worry. I was just making breakfast for us." Jeon claimed, he doesn't cook much because he lacks experience, but he would never openly admit that he cooked because he wants to make Tae happy. Tae's gaze softens, his heart swelling with love for this man.

"That's so sweet, but no, you don't need to do that. Your leg just healed, but that doesn't mean you can just do every work. Are you aware of the amount of strain simply standing in the kitchen is putting on your leg?" Tae spoke with worry and care evident in his tone.

"But—" Jeon opens his mouth to protest, but Tae silences him with a gentle look.

"Go, rest on the sofa. I'll manage everything now.” Tae said, and with a mix of reluctance and gratitude, Jeon relents, allowing himself to be guided to the sofa. As Tae takes charge of the kitchen, Jeon watches him.

Meanwhile, Yeji, clinched her teeth as Jeon was not responding. For the past three weeks, she had been attempting to contact Jeon but was unable. She feels like Jeon is ignoring her, but why will he do that?

"What the fuck is happening?" Yeji, shouts to herself, throwing a nearby vase in anger.